MBBS in China
Are you fostering the dream of pursuing MBBS in China? We are sure you want to complete the course from the best Chinese University.
This country has some of the finest Universities for medical education. The cost of MBBS in China is much less as compared to that in India. Also, the students get some of the best facilities in China.
Just check out the China Medical Education Key Features:
- The Medical Council of India recognises 48 medical universities in China
- Students can be sure of getting a quality education at low costs
- The course is for 6 years, and it includes 1 year of internship
- In the first year, the students are taught Mandarin, which makes it easy for the students to interact with patients.
Want the details about the Course Offered? Then read on!
Study MBBS in China for Indian Students is surely one of the best options. But we are sure you will want to know about the course details. MBBS in China is offered by many reputed universities that are best for their MBBS courses. The duration of the MBBS course in Chinese Universities is 6 years. This will include 1 year of internship.
Here are the details of the duration of Studying MBBS:
Classroom training will be for 5 years. Then the students will get the advantage of 1 year of internship in the affiliated hospital.
The medium of Teaching:
Here it should be noted that there are some universities in China where the medium of instruction is English while in some, the medium of instruction is Chinese. One of the most important points is that the MCI approved universities in China have English as the medium of instruction for medical education. Therefore, Indian students who want to pursue MBBS Education in China must choose the universities that offer medical education in the English language.
It must be noted that in the first year, the Indian students are taught Mandarin/ Chinese. But the students are not forced to learn the language. However, if the student learns the basics of this language, then it will become easier for him to interact with the patients during the internship period.
Intake of MBBS:
The student must apply in time as many students from across the globe apply for the MBBS course in China. The intake for the MBBS is in September. The application ideally needs to be submitted in the month of June. The classes will commence in the month of September.
Normally the allotment is done on first cum first serve basis. Also, it must be noted that the processing of the application will also take a few weeks.
If you want to get the complete information about the intake of MBBS by different universities in China, then get in touch with Ria Overseas, which is one of the Best Consultants for MBBS in China.
Eligibility Criteria For MBBS:
To apply for MBBS Admission in China, the student must first have complete information about the eligibility criteria. So here are the important details about the same:
- Before the date of admission, the age of the candidate has to be 17 years. The candidate’s age must not be more than 25 years.
- The aspirant has to pass the 12th examination or any other equivalent examination for getting admission for the MBBS course in China. In this exam, the candidate has to score at least 50% marks to be eligible to apply for the course. In the science subjects, the candidate has to score more than 60% marks.
- The aspirant must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in the 12th exam or the equivalent examination.
- It is mandatory to qualify in the NEET exam
- The aspirant needs to have a valid passport
Take a look at the documentation formalities for MBBS Admission in China:
For getting admission in the MBBS course in a recognised Chinese University you will naturally have to complete certain documentation formalities. Mentioned below are the details about the different documents that the students will have to submit:
- Copy of the birth certificate. This copy has to be notarized
- The 10th standard and 12th mark sheets and the 10th standard and 12th standard certificates have to be submitted by the candidate
- Submission of HIV test report is a must
- The aspirant will also have to submit 10 passport sized photographs
- The candidate will also have to submit the documents from the Ministry of External Affairs in New Delhi. These documents have to be notarized.
- The applicant will also have to submit the invitation letter from the University where the student is going to pursue the course
- Permission letter from the Indian Embassy is also required
- The candidate will also have to submit the school leaving certificate
- The applicant will have to submit all those documents that certify that the candidate has good conduct and does not have a criminal record
- In the case of some of the Universities, the candidate will have to submit the bank receipt of the 1st-year fee.
- The candidate will also have to submit a medical certificate to prove that the candidate is in the best of health.
- The candidate must have a valid passport.
- Other than the above-mentioned documents the candidate will have to submit any other documents that are requested by the authorities.
Look at the Admission Process for MBBS in China:
The admission process to Study MBBS in China for Indian Students is very simple. Take a look at the important steps in the admission process:
- The first thing that the aspirant needs to do is fill up the online application form. The aspirant must make sure that he fills the form, and he needs to give all the accurate details in the form.
- Next, the candidate has to collect all the documents that have to be submitted. These documents will have to be submitted along with the application form.
- Once the documents are submitted, then the applicant will get the confirmation letter.
- On receipt of the confirmation letter, the candidate will have to make the payment of the fees for the MBBS course in China
- Once the payment has been made successfully, then the student can apply for the visa for China. The processing of the visa will take a few days.
- Once the candidate gets the visa, then he can easily go to China and pursue his ambition of studying MBBS.
Why MBBS Study in China is one of the best options for Indian students?
Indian students must choose to study MBBS in China. There are numerous reasons that will convince students that they must take up this course in China.
- An important thing to be noted down is that there are 45 Medical Universities in China that have the approval of the Medical Council of India.
- The medical degree from these Universities is accepted everywhere. An Indian student with this MBBS degree can practice in India.
- Students get access to the best infrastructure, and they get some of the best facilities
- The quality of education in China is very good.
- Getting a Chinese visa is not very difficult, but yes, you will have to ensure that you complete all the formalities correctly.
- China is a wonderful country where the students will enjoy. They will get all the support that they need from the authorities in China
- China provides the best education, which is of international standards at low costs.
- The crime rate in China is low, and it is a safe country
- The admission process is pretty straightforward
- As compared to other countries, you will find the cost of MBBS education in China is pretty competitive
So, if you have been wondering that is it worth studying MBBS in China? Then from the above pointers, we are sure that you will be convinced that it is worth spending money on the MBBS course of this country.
Here is a comparison of the cost of the MBBS course in different universities in different countries:
|Country||University||Budget in Indian Rupees|
|India||Private Medical colleges||More than 65 lakhs|
|USA||International American University||More than 75 lakhs|
|MBBS in Ukraine with PG in the USA||For all universities||More than 40 to 50 lakhs|
|China A grade||China Medical University||In the range of 30 to 40 lakhs|
|Russia A grade||Pirogov Russian NRM University||In the range of 30 to 40 lakhs|
|China A grade||Jilin University||In the range of 30 to 40 lakhs|
|China A+ grade||Jiangsu University||In the range of 30 to 40 lakhs|
|Ukraine A grade||Bukovinian State Medical University||In the range of 20 to 30 lakhs|
|Ukraine A grade||LVIV Medical University||In the range of 20 to 30 lakhs|
|Russia A grade||Crimean Federal University||15 to 20 lakhs|
|Kazakhastan + FMGE||South Kazakhstan Medical Academy||10 to 15 lakhs|
|Poland||University of Lodz||40 to 60 lakhs|
Take a look at the list of Universities in China:
There are many MBBS Universities in China. These Universities have been given grades like A+, A, B, etc. If you want to get a degree from the best University, then it is always better to opt for A or A+ Universities. For details about the different Universities that offer the best medical education in China, you can get in touch with the experts of Ria Overseas.
Here is a list of the A and A+ Universities. You will also find details about the eligibility criteria, application deadline, and course fees in each of these Universities. It is always better to choose Top Ranked Medical Universities in China for MBBS.
|University Name||Application Deadline||Eligibility criteria for Indian Students||Total Fees in Indian Rupees|
|Nanjing Medical University (A+ Grade)|
|85% in PCB in 12th Std or 70% in PCB in ICSE or CBSE|
|Huazhong University(A+ Grade)|
|80% in PCB in 12th and above 250 in NEET|
|China Medical University(A+ Grade)|
|85% in PCB in 12th Std or 70% in PCB in ICSE or CBSE|
|Jiangsu University(A-Grade)||15th July||80% in PCB in 12th Std||Rs 17,00,000/-|
|Jilin Medical University(A-Grade)||15th July||75% in PCB in 12th Std||Rs 14,50,000/-|
|Capital Medical University(A-Grade)||15th April||70% in PCB in 12th Std||Rs 22,80,000/-|
Fees for MBBS Study University Wise:
Give below are the details of 3 top medical colleges in China. These Universities provide quality education, and they have some of the best facilities.
|University Name||Jiangsu University||China Medical University||Nanjing Medical University|
|Course Fees In Indian Rupees||4.10 lakhs per year||5.99 lakhs per year||4.20 lakhs per year|
|Course Duration||5 years||6 years||5 years|
|Date of application||Before 10th July||Before 15th July||Before 30th June|
Can one get Scholarships for Studying MBBS?
One of the major constraints that many students have is the financial budget. But money should not be the reason due to which a bright student loses out on the opportunity to complete his MBBS education.
One of the Reasons to Study MBBS in China is that here students have a chance to get scholarships, which will make it easy for the student to complete his medical education. There are many medical Universities in this country that offer scholarships to students. The amount of the scholarship will be at the disposal of the Universities and the Government of China. The scholarship will help in covering the tuition fees, the cost of food and boarding, etc.
Not just Universities, but some top medical colleges in China also offer scholarships to students who are doing well in studies and those who attend classes regularly. The scholarship money can be as high as 50,000 Yuan. First-year students have the opportunity to get a scholarship up to 20,000 Yuan. Of Course, all this will depend on the academic performance of the students and the skills of the students.
Education Loan Assistance:
Do you have problems with finances? Let that not be an obstacle for taking MBBS Admission in China. You can always explore the option of a loan facility. The students can avail of the education loan facility in China. The students will have to pay the interest for the same every quarter. The repayment rules of the loan will depend on the type of loan that the student has taken. Loan deferral will be after 6 months of graduation. It must be noted that private student loans are also available.
Want to know about the PG Options after MBBS in China?
There will be many students who do not want to stop after completing MBBS Education in China. They will want to opt for higher studies. After completing the MBBS course from China, the students can pursue MD or MS in the USA. It must be noted that this postgraduate degree is recognised not only in the USA but also in India. Students also have the option to pursue MD/MS in Germany. One can also explore the option of pursuing an MD from one of the Top Ranked Medical Universities in China.
Let us look at the Career Scope After MBBS Course:
Now we will check the career scope after completing the MBBS course from one of the best MBBS Universities in China.
- The candidates can pursue a PG course in USA, Germany, and China
- Some students also opt for an MBA course after completing their MBBS. This will open many career avenues for the students.
- After completing the MBBS from China, the aspirant can clear the MCI screening test.
- The students also have the chance to work in hospitals in China, and they can also work in the private medical sector of China
- One can start their medical practice in China
- One can even come back to India and start their medical practice in India.
Now it is time to know about the MBBS Syllabus:
The first thing that you have to note is that the syllabus is based on the European system. All the 19 subjects that are taught here in the Medical Programme in India are covered in the MBBS syllabus of China. Most of the Universities and Colleges in China cover almost the same syllabus. One very important thing that the Indian students have to remember is that they will have to appear for the MCI screening test once they come back to India.
The pattern of Syllabus:
There are in all 9 semesters, and each semester is divided into 2 parts.
The first 4 semesters will cover the basic medical subjects, and the last 5 semesters will cover the clinical subjects.
|Subjects taught in the first part of the semester||Subjects taught in the second part of the semester|
|Biochemistry||Obstetrics and Gynaecology|
|Skin and VD|
|Psychiatry and Forensic Medicine|
Benefits for Indian Student Studying MBBS In China:
Next, let us focus on the Reasons to Study MBBS in China. If you are thinking that is it worth studying MBBS in China, then the below-mentioned benefits will convince you for the same.
- The MBBS degree from some of the Universities in China is recognised by the Medical Council of India.
- The MBBS and the MD degrees from the Universities are recognised by organisations like UNESCO, WHO, etc.
- The aspirants do not have to appear for any entrance tests. There is nothing complicated about the admission process
- One does not have to give any donations for getting admission in a good University in China
- Students get access to the latest medical technology.
- The infrastructure of the hospitals is good
- The quality of education is superb, and it is available at low costs
- Chance to do an internship in some of the best and renowned companies
- Students are given good practical training which helps in developing the skill sets of the students.
Now, it is time to compare the Advantages and Disadvantages of medical education in China:
|Quality education||Indian students may find weather conditions harsh|
|Low-cost education||Problems in adapting to the culture and food|
|Recognised by MCI, WHO, etc.||The low FMGE percentage criteria may be a matter of concern|
|Chance to practice in India as well as China||To study Mandarin, one will have to clear the HSK exam.|
|The admission process is easy|
|No donations and no entrance test for admission|
Now, these are the things You Should Know Before Applying MBBS in China:
- It is important to know the complete details about the syllabus, duration of the programme, medium of instruction, etc. before you apply for the MBBS course at a University in China.
- The students also need to find out about the method of education
- They also need to know about the facilities like hostel facilities, food etc that they will get in China.
- Before you apply for the admission in a University in China, make sure that you check if it is approved by the MCI
- Make sure that you have a proper passport before you apply for the course.
- You also need to know the process for applying for the visa for China
Complete Fees Structure for the best Universities during the MBBS:
|University Name||Fees for the MBBS course|
|Nanjing Medical University||Rs 17,00,000/-|
|Huazhong University||Rs 24,00,000/-|
|China Medical University||Rs 24,00,000/-|
|Jilin Medical University||Rs 17,00,000/-|
|Jiangsu University||Rs 14,50,000/-|
|Capital Medical University||Rs 24,00,000/-|
FMGE Passing Percentage after Completion of MBBS:
The students who complete their MBBS from China will have to appear for Foreign Medical Graduate Exam or the FMGE exam. This exam has 19 subjects, and it is conducted in a single day. It is very difficult to pass this examination. The pass percentage of this exam is very low, and therefore, it is always better to take proper guidance and prepare well for this exam. For more details about the same, you can get in touch with Ria Overseas.
Some interesting details about the People’s Republic of China:
China is a country in East Asia and has a population of around 1.428 billion. The official language of China is Standard Chinese, and Beijing is the capital of the country. Some people also speak the Mongolian language. As for the religion in China, it must be noted that the Government here officially promotes atheism. The currency of the Republic of China is Yuan. It must be noted that 1 Chinese Yuan is equal to 10.57 Indian Rupees.
China has a complicated topography, and hence one will find that the weather differs in different regions of China. As for the time difference, it must be noted that Beijing is 2 ½ ahead of New Delhi. It takes around 7 hours and 50 minutes to reach Beijing from New Delhi by air.
How Safe is China?
Overall, China has a very low crime rate. We can say that it is a safe country. But since students are not well acquainted with the country, it is better to move around at odd hours.
What about the accommodation aspect?
Most of the Universities have hostel facilities. Usually, one will find good hostels. One can also check out PG accommodation, or they can rent an apartment etc.
Is Neet Required for Studying MBBS In China?
The objective of Indian students should be to get admission in those Universities in China that are recognised by MCI. We would like to point out that NEET is a must if you want to get admission in an MCI approved foreign University.
Is MBBS Possible Without Neet?
Indian students need to remember one very crucial aspect that if they do not clear the NEET examination, then they will not be able to practice in India.
So, what is the impact of Neet Exam on MBBS in China:
If an Indian student wants to get admission in a foreign University that has been recognised by the Medical Council of India, then the candidate must clear the NEET exam.
For more information about NEET examination, and how it will affect your MBBS admission in a foreign University connect with Ria Overseas.
Make a sensible decision by reserving your MBBS seat in China!
Some of you may want to wait till the admission process for the MBBS course is completed in India. We can understand that you first want to try your luck here. But just in case you miss out on getting a seat in India, and if you are late in applying to a University in China, then you may have to lose a year.
Keep in mind that the MBBS admission in China is usually made on first-cum, first-serve basis. So, do not take any chances. Make the prudent decision of reserving your MBBS seat in China. In case you do not make it in the final list of MBBS courses in India, then you can still follow your dream of becoming a doctor from one of the best universities.
Get assistance from Ria Overseas for complete information about MBBS in China:
You are making a very important career decision. Therefore, you will need proper guidance for the same. For this, take assistance from the Best Consultants for MBBS in China. That is Ria Overseas.
They have experts who have successfully helped many students to achieve their goal of getting MBBS admission in top-rated foreign Universities. Come and tell these ace medical education consultants about your objectives. These experts will study the profile of the candidate and will provide all the assistance that the candidate needs.
For more details, you can call Ria Overseas, or you can meet the experts in person. They will guide you about the entire process of getting admission for the MBBS course in China.
- Is English the medium of instruction for the MBBS course in China?
There are many Universities in China which have English as the medium of instruction. Indian students need to ensure that they take admission in the right University.
- What about the validity of the MBBS degree from China in India?
It must be noted that the Medical Council of India has approved around 45 Universities in China that offer an MBBS course. If the student gets the MBBS degree from these approved Universities, then that degree is approved in India. But for this, the student will first have to pass the MCI screening test.
- What is the duration of the MBBS course that is offered by Chinese Universities?
The MBBS course in China is 5 years of classroom training and 1 year of internship in affiliated hospitals.
- What can students do after getting the MBBS degree from China?
Students can pursue a PG course from the US or Germany. They can practice in China. They can pass the MCI screening test, and after that, they can even practice in India.
- Is the admission process for the MBBS course in China very complicated?
No, the admission process is pretty straightforward. Indian students must only make sure that they take guidance for the same from the right source.
- Can students get financial assistance for pursuing MBBS course in China?
Yes, there is the possibility of getting financial assistance for doing MBBS in China. There are 2 options. One is to try and get a scholarship. It must be noted that the Government and some Chinese Universities do have scholarships for deserving students. The second option is applying for a student loan. There are options for different types of student loans.
- Is it mandatory to know Mandarin/ Chinese to study MBBS course in China?
No, it is not mandatory, and it must be noted that the foreign students are also not forced to learn the language. But in the first year of the MBBS course where the medium of instruction is English, the students are allowed to study Mandarin. Also, if the student knows the language, then it will be an advantage during the internship where he will have to interact with Chinese patients.