Introduction About Medical Education in the Philippines:
When it comes to studying MBBS at a foreign University, more and more Indian students are giving preference to the Philippines. One may wonder why not China or Russia. The main reason is language. In the Philippines, the Indian students have no problem of communication as the Philippines is predominantly an English-speaking country.
Besides language, one will find that many good Universities offer an MBBS course. Indian students prefer to pursue MBBS in the Philippines as it has Universities that are recognised by the Medical Council of India. Also, this is a very nice and friendly country. No wonder that every year many students from India apply for the MBBS course of this country.
Medical Education Key Features of the MBBS course in the Philippines:
To understand Why Choose MBBS In the Philippines, one needs to look at the important features of medical education in this country.
- This country has universities that are recognised by the Medical Council of India. Some of the universities are also recognised by global organisations like the WHO.
- One will find the listing of the Universities in the International Medical Education Directory and the Educational Commission For Foreign Medical Graduates.
- Indian students can appear for United States Medical Licensing Exam
- Students get good practical training in these Universities
- You will also find that the Universities ensure that a healthy student-teacher ratio is maintained
- The quality of education is very good, and after doing MBBS in the Philippines, Indian students can practice in India
- No donation is required to get admission in these Universities, and also the course fees are very competitive.
Want to know about the Course Offered in Medical Universities in the Philippines?
Study MBBS in the Philippines for Indian Students is one of the best options for one who wants to become a doctor. So, here are the details about the course offered by the Philippines Universities.
The name of the course is BS-MD. In this, the first 18 months will cover the Bachelor of Science programme. After this, the students will be given core medical education. At the end of the course, the students can work in hospitals. Lots of practical training is given to students.
Now let us see the duration of Studying MBBS in the Philippines:
It must be noted that if you want to Study MBBS in the Philippines, then you have to be prepared to put in more than 6 years. Yes, the course is of 6.5 years long. In this, the first 18 months will be allotted for the Bachelor of Science Programme. This will help the students to build a strong base, and then they will be taught the details about the medical programme in the remaining years.
After the first 18 months, students have to appear for the NMAT exam. Once they clear the exam, then the next 4 years will cover the Medical programme. Finally, there will be a mandatory 1-year internship.
What about the Medium of Teaching in the Philippines?
One of the main reasons that many Indian students prefer to pursue an MBBS course in the Philippines is the medium of instruction. English is the medium of instruction in the medical Universities of the Philippines. This is one of the biggest advantages of studying MBBS in the Philippines for the Indian students.
Now check the Intake of MBBS in the Philippines:
The intake for the MBBS course in the Philippines is in September every year. Therefore, make sure that you are ready with all the documents by September.
Want to pursue MBBS in the Philippines? Then you must know the Eligibility Criteria For MBBS in the Philippines!
- The student must have completed his 12th Standard in the Science background.
- The student must have scored at least 50% marks in Physics-Chemistry-Biology (PCB). The SC/ST/OBC students will need 45% marks.
- The applicant has to be at least 17 years of age but not more than 25 years of age in the year of admission
- The medium of instruction for MBBS Education in the Philippines is English. Therefore, the student needs to understand this language well.
- The student must have the course fees.
For more details about the eligibility criteria, you can check with the reputed overseas medical education consultants that are Ria Overseas.
Required Document for MBBS Admission in the Philippines:
The aspirant will have to submit certain important documents if he wants to apply to High Ranked Medical Universities in the Philippines. Here is a list of some of the mandatory documents that you need to get admission in the Philippines University:
- 10th and 12th Standard mark-sheets and certificates have to be submitted for getting admission to the MBBS course in the Philippines
- The student will also have to give the NEET scorecard
- Submission of school transfer certificate is also very essential
- A medical certificate is required to show that the student is in the best of health
- All documents that prove that the student has no criminal background also need to be submitted
- The aspirant will also have to submit the code of conduct certificate
- The aspirant will also have to submit the school leaving certificate
- The applicant will also have to submit the code of conduct certificate
- The applicant also needs to have a valid passport and photographs and the application form of the University
In addition to these documents, any other document that is required by the authorities will have to be submitted by the student. For complete information about the documentation, details get in touch with Ria Overseas.
Admission Process for MBBS in the Philippines:
The next important thing that you need to know is the Procedure for Admission in MBBS in the Philippines.
- The first step is to clear the National Medical Admission Test
- Next, the online form has to be filled accurately
- Then an offer letter will be sent by the University
- Once the student gets the offer letter, he will have to pay the fees for the course
- Now the student will have to submit all the documents that the authorities request for
- Finally, the student has to apply for the visa. Once the candidate gets the student visa, then he can go to the Philippines and pursue MBBS in one of the top medical colleges in the Philippines
Interested in knowing all the minute details of Procedure for Admission in MBBS in the Philippines? Then it is time to connect with one of the best medical education consultants. That is Ria Overseas.
Why MBBS Study in the Philippines?
There are many reasons to study MBBS in the Philippines.
- You will get quality education at competitive fees
- There some very good Universities that have been recognised by the Medical Council of India and other global bodies like WHO
- The Philippines has a large population, and hence the Indian students get a very large patient base in the Philippines
- Indian students have the option to do the internship from India
- Universities give some very good facilities for the students.
List of Universities Details:
We are sure you are interested to know about the best MBBS Universities in the Philippines. Mentioned below are the details of the top medical Universities in the Philippines:
|University||Eligibility for Indian Students||Deadline||Cost of course in INR|
|Bicol Christian College||50% in PCB of 12th Standard||For Sept batch:15th JulyFor Jan Batch: 31st Oct||Rs 12,00,000/-|
|University of Perpetual Help||50% in PCB of 12th Standard||For Sept batch:15th JulyFor Jan Batch: 31st Oct||Rs 16,74,000/-|
Comparison of cost of MBBS education in different countries:
The low cost of MBBS education is one of the main reasons to study MBBS in the Philippines. Here is a comparison of the cost of MBBS education in different countries:
|Country||University||Budget in Indian Rupees|
|India||Private Medical colleges||More than 65 lakhs|
|USA||International American University||More than 75 lakhs|
|MBBS in Ukraine with PG in the USA||For all universities||More than 40 to 50 lakhs|
|China A grade||China Medical University||In the range of 30 to 40 lakhs|
|Russia A grade||Pirogov Russian NRM University||In the range of 30 to 40 lakhs|
|China A grade||Jilin University||In the range of 30 to 40 lakhs|
|China A+ grade||Jiangsu University||In the range of 30 to 40 lakhs|
|Ukraine A grade||Bukovinian State Medical University||In the range of 20 to 30 lakhs|
|Ukraine A grade||LVIV Medical University||In the range of 20 to 30 lakhs|
|Russia A grade||Crimean Federal University||15 to 20 lakhs|
|Kazakhastan+ FMGE||South Kazakhstan Medical Academy||10 to 15 lakhs|
If you study this table properly, it will be clear to you that Why Choose MBBS In the Philippines
Fees for MBBS Study University Wise:
Keen to know about the Fees Structure of MBBS in the Philippines? Here are the details of fees that one has to pay every year in 2 of the best universities in the Philippines.
|University||Pre-Med fees in INR||1st Year fees in INR||2nd Year fees in INR||3rd Year fees in INR||4th-year fees in INR||5th-year fees in INR|
|Bicol Christian College|
|Internship so no fees|
|University of Perpetual Help|
|Internship so no fees|
Scholarships for Studying MBBS:
One of the reasons that deserving and hard-working students fail to pursue their dream of medical education is the lack of financial support. But there is some good news for merit students. Study MBBS in the Philippines for Indian Students has one big advantage. One can get scholarships. There are State level scholarships. Deserving International students can get scholarships in the Philippines.
What about Education Loan Assistance?
Yes, there are some MBBS Universities in the Philippines that provide education loan assistance. One can apply for a loan in a private bank or a national bank. Documentation formalities have to be completed properly.
Now it is time to explore PG Options after MBBS!
After you complete your MBBS course from top medical colleges in the Philippines, then what next? Some of you may want to pursue higher education. The candidate can pursue a PG course in Germany. He also has the option to pursue a PG course in the USA. For this, he will have to appear for the USMLE exam. Some students explore the option of appearing for the FMGE examination while some pursue an MBA.
Career Scope After MBBS Course:
- After completing MBBS Education in the Philippines, one can pursue higher education
- The student also has the option to practice in the Philippines. Here he will get exposure to a large patient base
- Indian students who have completed MBBS from High Ranked Medical Universities in the Philippines can come back to India, and they can practice in India.
- Indian students can also practice in other countries. Of course, they will have to clear the screening test of that country.
Take a look at the MBBS Syllabus in the Philippines:
- The MBBS course duration will be of 6.5 years
- In the first 18 months, the students will be taught a Bachelor degree programme.
- After that, the students have to appear for the NMAT exam.
- After clearing the NMAT exam, there will be 4 years medical programme. Different subjects about medicine will be covered in these 4 years.
- Finally, in the last year, there will be an internship.
The pattern of Syllabus:
The pattern of the syllabus is mentioned briefly above. If you are keen to Study MBBS in the Philippines, then contact Ria Overseas. They will give you all the details about the syllabus. It must be noted that the syllabus is different from that of other countries.
Benefits for Indian Student Studying MBBS In the Philippine
Now we will list down the advantages of studying MBBS in the Philippines:
- The cost of education is low, but the quality of education is good.
- Deserving students can get scholarships and loan facilities
- The medium of instruction is English, so it is easier for the Indian students to pursue an education in this country.
- Philippines has many Universities that are recognised by the MCI and by global bodies like WHO.
- This is a friendly country, and the Indian students feel that this is a home away from home.
Advantages / Disadvantages of studying MBBS in the Philippine:
Quality education at a low cost
|The duration of the MBBS course is pretty long as compared to the other countries. The MBBS course duration in this country is 6.5 years.|
|MCI approved Universities|
|The medium of instruction is English|
|No donations are taken|
|Safe country for foreign students|
|International recognition for the MBBS degree|
|The cost of living in the Philippines is low, so one can easily manage on a low budget|
Now these are the things You Should Know Before Applying MBBS in the Philippines:
Before you apply for the MBBS course, there are some important things that you must check:
- Make sure that you have all the details about the course fees
- Check the facilities that are offered by the Universities
- Check if the University is recognised by the MCI
- The cost of living is also an important factor for Indian Students. In the Philippines normally this should not be a problem
- The course begins in September. Therefore, the students must make sure that they start making the preparations for applying for the course at least 2 months in advance.
Complete Fees Structure during the MBBS in the Philippines:
|Pre-Med fees in INR||1st Year fees in INR||2nd Year fees in INR||3rd Year fees in INR||4th-year fees in INR||5th-year fees in INR|
|Bicol Christian College|
|Internship so no fees|
|University of Perpetual Help|
|Internship so no fees|
Here are the details about FMGE Passing Percentage after Completion of MBBS in the Philippines:
The Foreign Medical Graduate Exam or the FMGE is mandatory if you have completed your MBBS course from a foreign University. One has to score at least 50% marks to clear this exam.
About the Philippines
The Philippines is a beautiful Asian country, and its capital is Manila. The official languages of this country are Filipino and English. It must be noted that a large number of people in the Philippines speak in English. The population of the Philippines is around 10.49 crores. Most people here follow the Christian religion. The coinage of the Philippines is Philippine Peso. The exchange rate of Peso is 0.69 INR. It must be noted that this country is 2 ½ hours ahead of India. It takes 10 hours by flight to reach Manila from New Delhi.
How Safe is the Philippines?
The Philippines is overall a safe country, and people here are friendly. But since you are in a new place, it is always better to practice precaution.
Accommodation in the Philippines:
Universities normally have hostel facilities. There are other options that one can explore, like renting a place etc. It must be noted that the cost of living in this country is low.
Is Neet Required For Studying MBBS In the Philippines?
Yes, when you are applying for the MBBS course in this country, you will have to keep your NEET scorecard ready.
Is MBBS Possible Without Neet?
As already mentioned, that in order to apply for the MBBS course in the Philippines, you have to keep your NEET scorecard ready. So, there is no question of doing the course without the scorecard.
Next, it is time to know the impact of Neet Exam on MBBS in the Philippines:
Most of the Indian students want to come back to India and practice in India. If you have not cleared your NEET exam, then you cannot practice in India.
Need more information about MBBS in the Philippines? Then it is time to contact Ria Overseas!
MBBS in the Philippines is a very good option. If you compare the cost of MBBS education in the Philippines and India, you will realise that it is much lower in Philippines. Also, there is no question of paying any donation for getting a seat in one of the Universities in the Philippines. Therefore, connect with one of the best overseas medical education consultants for complete information about medical education in the Philippines.
Ria Overseas has years of experience in education consultation and has one of the best team of experts who will provide you with all the information about medical education in the Philippines.
- What is the duration of the MBBS course in the Philippines?
The duration of the MBBS course in the Philippines is 6.5 years.
- What is the medium of instruction of the MBBS course in the Philippines?
The medium of instruction of the MBBS course in the Philippines is English.
- Are there any MCI recognised Universities in the Philippines?
Yes, there are medical universities in the Philippines that have been recognised by the Medical Council of India.
- Can Indian students get scholarships and student loan facilities in the Philippines?
Yes, Indian students can get scholarships and student loan facilities in the Philippines
- Is the Philippines a safe place?
Yes, the Philippines is an absolutely safe country for students.