- Affiliation : The college is affiliated with the Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning Catholic Educational Association of the Philippines (CEAP). The college have got the approval of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Established : 1996
- President : Dr. B Gen Antonio L Tamayo
- Courses offered : MBBS
- Duration : 6 years
- Medium of instruction : English
- Eligibility : Students must have passed 10+2 with minimum score of 50 % in aggregate in the major subjects as Physics, Chemistry and Biology with a minimum of 50% marks in each of the main subjects, PCB respectively.
- Campus : Urban
- Academic Session : June- May
- Food : Nutritious and hygienically prepared food available in the college.
- Weather : Temperature in Philippines varies between 21’ C to 32’C depending upon the region and season. Here, the coolest month is January while May is the hottest.
About Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation
Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation (VMUF) is one of the popular privately-supported coeducational institution offering courses in the medical and paramedical fields, in liberal and applied arts, sciences, and technical-vocational courses, secondary, elementary and pre-school courses in Philippines. Since, its inception, Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation has been concerned with educating young men and women in skills, concepts and values that lead to success in life, while helping them prepare for worthwhile service to GOD and humanity.
Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation is one of the TOP TEN Institutions with the most number of accredited programs (Category A).
The curriculum and activities of Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation are geared toward helping each student achieve his or her God-given potential. Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation strives to develop every facet of one’s being mentally, physically, emotionally, psychologically and most important, spiritually.
More than 4,000 students / pupils enrolled at VMUF, coming from a variety of national ethnic, social and religious backgrounds. The international student body, encompassing diverse cultural heritages, provides a distinctive cosmopolitan flavour and continuing opportunity to develop close, warm and genuine human relationship.
VMUF covers 19 hectares land area in Long Taloy district, San Carlos City, Pangasinan, about 200 km, north of Manila, the capital of the Philippines. In 1979, the first 21 medical graduates also scored a 100% passing rate in Philippines Medical Board Exams. Initially Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation was a 100-bed capacity with ICU, CCU, and complete laboratory facilities. Currently it is a 400-bedded hospital attached within the campus.
In June 1976, VIRGEN MILAGROSA EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION (VMEI) INC. was established and other Courses such as Dentistry, Veterinary Medicine, Physical Therapy, BS Nursing, Pharmacy and Radiologic Technology were granted permits to operate.
In 1979, the first 21 medical graduates from Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation also scored a 100% passing rate in Philippines Medical Board Exams.The VM Child Learning Center (CLC) was initiated in 1980 with Nursery and Kindergarten classes. Every year from then on, a new grade was added until all the elementary standards were established in 1986 and meanwhile the Center was given full recognition in 1985.
Interested in applying for this University?
You will need to prepare the following documents for your application:
- Valid passport for minimum 5 years.
- Transcript of marks for Secondary level exams.
- Transcript of marks for Higher Secondary level exams.
- Police Clearance Certificate.