Introduction About Medical Education:
Many Indian students have to forfeit their dream of getting an MBBS degree in India due to the high cost of education. But there is one wonderful option, and that is in the form of MBBS from Ukraine. Many Universities in Ukraine are recognised by the Medical Council of India (MCI)
The foremost aspect of MBBS in Ukraine is that the cost of education is very low. But the quality of education in Ukraine is very good. Not only the education system is good in Ukraine, but the overall experience that the students have in this country is also very good.
Medical Education Key Features in Ukraine is simply outstanding:
Many Indian students want to Study MBBS in Ukraine due to some of the amazing medical education features.
- The first facet is, of course, the cost. The cost of MBBS education in Ukraine is very low.
- This is one country where you can be sure of getting a quality education
- The infrastructure of the Universities in this country is extremely good.
- Many Universities in Ukraine are recognised by WHO and MCI
- The degree is valid not only in India but across the globe.
- One will find many good internship opportunities in this country
- This country is safe for girls, and one will find many Indian students studying in Ukraine
A comparative study of the cost of MBBS education in top Universities in different countries:
|Country||University||Budget in Indian Rupees|
|India||Private Medical colleges||More than 65 lakhs|
|USA||International American University||More than 75 lakhs|
|MBBS in Ukraine with PG in the USA||For all universities||More than 40 to 50 lakhs|
|China A grade||China Medical University||In the range of 30 to 40 lakhs|
|Russia A grade||Pirogov Russian NRM University||In the range of 30 to 40 lakhs|
|China A grade||Jilin University||In the range of 30 to 40 lakhs|
|China A+ grade||Jiangsu University||In the range of 30 to 40 lakhs|
|Ukraine A grade||Bukovinian State Medical University||In the range of 20 to 30 lakhs|
|Ukraine A grade||LVIV Medical University||In the range of 20 to 30 lakhs|
|Russia A grade||Crimean Federal University||15 to 20 lakhs|
|Kazakhastan+ FMGE||South Kazakhstan Medical Academy||10 to 15 lakhs|
Do you want to know about the Course Offered in Ukraine?
There are several different courses offered by medical universities in Ukraine. You will find courses in General medicine, Surgery, Paediatrics, Dentistry, Masters courses, Ph.D. courses, Post diploma specialisation. There are also other paramedical courses like Pharmacy and Nursing.
Duration of Studying MBBS in Ukraine:
The duration will depend on which course you choose. Normally MBBS Education in Ukraine will take around 6 years. Mentioned below is the course duration of different courses:
|Course||Duration in years|
|General Medicine||6 years|
Will Medium of Teaching be a problem for Indian students?
The medium of instruction should not be a problem as for MBBS in Ukraine, the medium of instruction is English. But as an Indian student must make sure that you choose a medical college that is recognised by MCI. For more details about the same, you can connect with Ria Overseas, which is considered as an expert consultant for Medical education.
Are you aware of the Intake of MBBS?
Study MBBS in Ukraine for Indian Students is one of the best options. But the students need to have an idea about when they must apply for the course. It must be noted that the MBBS course classes in Ukraine begin in September. The admissions will begin before that. Remember that the admissions are usually done on first cum, first serve basis. Therefore, one must ensure that they apply for the course in advance else they will miss out on one of the most wonderful opportunities for pursuing MBBS course in Ukraine.
What is the eligibility Criteria For MBBS?
We are sure you want to apply in top medical colleges in Ukraine, but before that, you have to be aware of the eligibility criteria.
- First of all, in the year of admission, the student has to be at least 17 years of age but less than 25 years of age as of 31st December.
- It must be noted that students from open schools are not eligible
- The students must be from Science stream and must have completed 10+2 education
- In 10+2 the main subjects have to be Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
- The applicant needs to have at least 50% marks. In the case of OBC, SC and ST candidates the marks have to be at least 40 to 45 %
- The Indian students have to pass the NEET exam only then they are considered to be eligible.
Are you aware of the required Document for MBBS Admission?
To apply for the MBBS in Ukraine, you must also be aware of the documentation formalities that have to be completed.
- The first document that is a must is the birth certificate
- You will also have to submit the mark sheets of 10th and 12th standard
- The Indian students will also have to give the migration certificate
- The applicant will also have to submit the bank statement of parents to show if he can afford the cost of education in Ukraine
- A Valid passport and Ukrainian visa is a must
- The candidate will also have to submit photographs that are as per the specifications
- Scanned copy of the scorecard of NEET exam
- Medical reports
- Flight tickets
- Offer letter from the college/university
- Any other document that is requested by the admission authority will have to be submitted by the candidate.
Check the detailed Admission Process for MBBS in Ukraine:
- Once you have your NEET scorecard in your hand, then the process for getting admission in MBBS Universities in Ukraine is easy.
- The first thing that you have to do is fill-up the form of the college where you wish to pursue the course online
- Make the payment online for the online admission form
- The student will then get a confirmation letter from the medical college in Ukraine
- Once the student gets the offer letter, then he will be given time to make the payment of the 1st year course fees
- Once the fees are paid, then the next thing that the student has to do is apply for the visa
- Once the applicant gets the student visa, then all that he needs to do is book the flight tickets and fly to Ukraine
But just why MBBS Study in Ukraine?
Do you have questions like, is it worth studying MBBS in Ukraine? Why must you study in Ukraine? Then here is the answer. Ukraine is an economical country where the cost of living is low. There are thousands of students who are pursuing MBBS studies in this country. There are many Indian students in this country. There is a chance to get Indian food in this beautiful country. The crime rate of Ukraine is low, and the law and order condition is good. This makes it a very safe country for Indian students.
List of University Details in Ukraine:
Ukraine has some of the best Universities that are recognised by global bodies like WHO as well as by the Medical Council of India. Indian students must always choose the University that is recognised by the MCI.
Here are the details of the 2 Top-Ranked Medical Universities in Ukraine
|University Name||Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University||Odessa National Medical University|
|Course Fees In Indian Rupees||2.6 lakhs per year||2.8 lakhs per year|
|Course Duration||6 years||6.6 years|
|Date of application||By 31st of July||By 15th October|
Fees for MBBS Study University Wise:
Here are the details of the fees of some of the best Universities in Ukraine:
Total Cost in INR
|Lviv National Medical University||2149000|
|Vinnitsa National Medical University||2082500|
|Bukovinian State Medical University||1896500|
|Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University||1920000|
|Odessa National Medical University||2133500|
|Ternopil State Medical University||1937500|
|Bogomolets National Medical University||2175000|
If you want to get the complete details of the best Universities in Ukraine and the course fees, then you need to get in touch with the experts of Ria Overseas which is one of the Best Consultants for MBBS in Ukraine
Are there any Scholarships for Studying MBBS in Ukraine?
Before taking MBBS Admission in Ukraine, there will be some students who will want to know if there are any scholarship options. Well, here there seems to be a bit of a problem. It must be noted that there are no scholarship programmes in Ukraine for international students who are pursuing the MBBS course.
The international students will, therefore, have to find some other source for scholarships like those offered by individual governments. But the process for the same can be tedious and very time-consuming. However, we will again like to emphasise that the cost of medical education in Ukraine is not as high as that in India.
Is there a possibility of getting Education Loan Assistance for pursuing MBBS in Ukraine?
The students can explore the option of bank loans. But for complete details, the students will need assistance. You can connect with Ria overseas to get further information about the possibility and probability of getting loan assistance from banks for studying MBBS in Ukraine.
Next, we need to check PG Options after MBBS course in Ukraine:
There is one plus point of Study MBBS in Ukraine for Indian Students. It is easier to get admission for PG course as compared to students who have received their degree from India.
The students can explore options like pursuing PG courses in countries like the US and Germany. For this, you can take guidance from the counsellors at Ria Overseas.
Take a look at the Career Scope After MBBS Course!
The person can come back to India after completing education from one of the top medical colleges in Ukraine and can practice in India. The person also has the option to pursue a Masters in Medicine.
The MBBS degree from Ukraine is recognised across the globe. So one also has the option to join any hospital in Europe. One can also guide other students who want to study MBBS in foreign Universities.
What about the MBBS Syllabus in Ukraine Medical Colleges?
|1st year||2nd year||3rd year||4th year||5th year||6th year|
|Foreign Language||Foreign Language||Microbiology, Virology and Immunology||Internal Medicine||Internal Medicine||Internal Medicine|
|Latin Language and Medical Terminology||Philosophy||Pathomorphology||Tuberculosis||Infectious Diseases||Paediatrics, children infectious diseases|
|Ukrainian Language (for professional purposes)||Human Anatomy||Pathophysiology||Paediatrics||Epidemiology||Surgery, children’s surgery and Oncology|
|History of Ukraine, History of Ukrainian Culture||Histology, Cytology, Embryology||Pharmacology||Surgery||Professional diseases||Obstetrics and Gynaecology|
|History of Medicine||Physiology||Hygiene and ecology||Obstetrics and Gynaecology||Oncology||General Practice (Family medicine)|
|Fundamentals of Psychology. Fundamentals of Pedagogics||Biological and Bio-organic Chemistry||Propaedeutic of internal medicine||Social medicine, health care system organisation||Clinical pharmacology||Hygiene and Ecology|
|Medical Biology||Microbiology, Virology and Immunology||Propedeutics of pediatrics||Biostatistics||Paediatrics, children infectious diseases||Social Medicine, Organisation and Economics of Public Health Service|
|Medical Chemistry||General Surgery (with Operative Surgery and Topographical Anatomy)||General Surgery (with Operative Surgery and Topographical Anatomy)||Urology||Medical Genetics||Optional Courses|
|Biological and Bio-organic Chemistry||Medical Computer Science||Fundamentals of bioethics and biosafety||Otolaryngology||Social medicine, organisation of Public Health Services||Oncology|
|Human Anatomy||Patient’s care (practical training)||Physical Training / Foreign Language||Ophthalmology||Surgery, children’s surgery|
|Histology, Cytology, Embryology||Emergency Medicine||Neurology||Traumatology and Orthopaedics|
|Physical Training||Personal and Social Safety, Fundamentals of Occupational Health and Safety||Medical Psychology||Obstetrics and Gynaecology|
|Politology||Physical Training||Psychiatry, narcology||Clinical Immunology and Allergology|
|Medical and Biological Physics||Radiology||Dermatology, venereology||Anesthesiology and Intensive Therapy|
|Elective Courses||Nurse Practice||Physical rehabilitation and sports||Radiation Medicine|
|Forensic Medicine, medical legislation||Neurosurgery|
|Medical science of law||Fundamentals of Dentistry|
|Civil protection||Dissection Course|
|Medicine of extraordinary situation||Emergency Medical Help|
The pattern of Syllabus:
A detailed breakup of the subjects in each year is mentioned in the above table. For more details, you can connect with Ria Overseas.
Benefits for Indian Student Studying MBBS In Ukraine:
The benefits of doing MBBS in Ukraine will convince you that there is no need to ask the question, is it worth studying MBBS in Ukraine.
- One of the topmost Reasons to Study MBBS in Ukraine is the cost of education. The cost of the MBBS course in this country is much less as compared to India
- Next, you will find that many Universities in this country have been approved by the MCI
- You will also find universities that are recognised by global organisations like WHO, UNESCO, and Europe Council
- Students get exposure to the latest equipment, and the education system is very much advanced in this country.
- The MD degree from Ukraine Universities is recognised across the world.
- The professors in the top universities are very good, and the quality of education in this country is the best.
- To get admission to the MBBS course of this country, there is no need to appear for any entrance examination.
- The admission procedure is very simple
- Ukraine is a beautiful and safe country and has very good infrastructure.
Take a look at the Advantages / Disadvantages of studying MBBS in Ukraine:
|Quality education||One must know the Ukrainian language to interact with locals|
|Low cost||Getting a visa can be a problem|
|MCI approved universities||Practical knowledge can be a problem as the country has less population|
|Safe country with good infrastructure||Getting scholarships can be a problem for Indian students|
|Lots of scope of MBBS degree from Ukraine|
|Simple admission process|
Overall, you will find that there are many advantages of studying MBBS in Ukraine. Therefore, one must think about this option on a serious note.
Things You Should Know Before Applying for the MBBS course of this country:
If you are planning to Study MBBS in Ukraine, then you must have an idea about certain important things.
- First of all, you must have an idea about which universities are worth applying
- You must also check about the hostel facilities that the university offers
- Make sure that you are aware of the fee structure. It is always better to have an idea about the amount payable for the entire course so that you can prepare accordingly
- You must also check how many Indian students are studying at the university in which you plan to apply
- Make a list of the Top Ranked Medical Universities in Ukraine. This will make it easier for you to decide which University you must apply.
Complete Fees Structure during the MBBS:
Here are the complete details of not only the fee structure but also the medium of instruction, eligibility and application deadline of some of the best MBBS Universities in Ukraine
|University||Language||Eligibility||Application deadline||Duration||1st year Cost INR||2nd to 6th-year cost in INR||Total Cost in INR|
|Lviv National Medical University||English||55% in PCB||31st July||6 years||435500||342700||2149000|
|Vinnitsa National Medical University||English||50% in PCB||31st July||6 years||415000||333500||2082500|
|Bukovinian State Medical University||English||50% in PCB||31st July||6 years||439000||291500||1896500|
|Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University||English||55% in PCB||31st July||6 years||416000||302000||1920000|
|Odessa National Medical University||English||55% in PCB||31st July||6 years||409000||344850||2133500|
|Ternopil State Medical University||English||50% in PCB||31st July||6 years||422500||303000||1937500|
|Bogomolets National Medical University||English||50% in PCB||31st July||6 years||461500||342700||2175000|
FMGE Passing Percentage after Completion of MBBS in Ukraine:
For a student who has completed MBBS from a foreign university, it is mandatory to pass the Foreign Medical Graduate Exam or the FMGE. The exam is of 300 marks. It is mandatory for the student to score at least 50% marks that are 150 marks only then he will be considered as qualified. It has been found that those who have received MBBS Education in Ukraine usually manage to clear this exam in the first attempt.
Ukraine is a country in East Europe with a population of 42.5 million, and it is the largest country of the East European region. The capital of this country is Kyiv. The official language of this country is Ukrainian. The currency of the country is Ukrainian Hryvnia. 1 Ukrainian Hryvnia is equivalent to 2.93 INR.
Christianity is the main religion. But you will find that there are people of other faiths like Judaism, Islam, Protestants, etc. The country is 2 ½ hours behind Indian Standard time. A non-stop flight from India to Ukraine will take around 6 hours.
How Safe is Ukraine?
Ukraine is a very safe country. It is safe for girl students as well. The safety aspect is one of the main Reasons to Study MBBS in Ukraine. But at the same time, students must understand that this is a new country for them. Therefore, they must refrain from moving around at odd hours.
Accommodation for Indian Students studying in Ukraine:
There is no doubt that there are many advantages of studying MBBS in Ukraine. But students and their parents will surely be worried about the accommodation aspect. There is a hostel facility for International students in the Ukraine Universities. Students can also rent our homestays. If budget is not a constraint, then one can even take an apartment on rent.
Is Neet Required For Studying MBBS In Ukraine?
As per the directive of MCI and the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, it is mandatory for the students who want to pursue MBBS in Ukraine to clear the NEET examination. If a student does not pass in the NEET exam, and takes MBBS Admission in Ukraine, then he will not be allowed to practice in India after completing the MBBS course from Ukraine.
Is MBBS Possible Without Neet?
Indian students who want to practice in India will have to pass the NEET examination.
Impact of Neet Exam on MBBS from Ukraine:
Even though a student may complete his medical education from Ukraine but if he has not cleared his NEET exam then he will not be allowed to practice in India.
Always keep your plan of action ready!
If MBBS is your goal, then you have to keep your plan of action ready. For this, don’t just depend on the MBBS seats in India. There is tough competition here, and also the fees are very high. It is, therefore, always better to think about completing the MBBS course from a country like Ukraine. If you need more details about the course and how to proceed for the same, then you must contact one of the Best Consultants for MBBS in Ukraine that is Ria Overseas.
How connecting with Ria Overseas can help students who aspire to do MBBS from foreign Universities?
Ria Overseas is one of the best consultants for Medical education from foreign countries. They have experts who can provide all the guidance that the students need for getting admission in universities in Ukraine.
To realise your dream of doing MBBS from one of the topmost Universities in Ukraine contact, Ria Overseas. Their dedicated team of experts for medical education will give you all the information that you need about MBBS courses in different foreign Universities.
- Is it possible for Indian students to get scholarships in Ukraine?
No, it is not possible for Indian students to get scholarships in Ukraine.
- What is the medium of instruction in Ukrainian Medical Universities?
In the MCI approved Ukrainian Medical Universities, the medium of instruction is English.
- Is it possible to get a job in a government hospital in Ukraine after completing the MBBS course from Ukraine?
Yes, Indian students can apply for jobs in the Ukrainian Government hospitals after completing their MBBS degree from Ukraine.
- Is a PG course available in Ukrainian Universities?
Yes, PG courses are offered by Ukrainian Universities
- Is it possible for Indian students to open bank accounts in Ukraine?
Yes, it is very much possible for the Indian students to open bank accounts in Ukraine and their parents can transfer money to that account
- Is Ukraine safe for Indian students?
Ukraine has good law and order condition, and this is a safe country for students. But at the same time, it is always better to be cautious in a new country.
- Will the formalities to get admission, visa etc. take a long time?
It must be noted that the admission procedure for doing MBBS in Ukraine is very simple. But it can take around 15 days for the University to issue the letter of approval. Documentation, visa, etc. will also take a few weeks. So, students should make sure that they have enough time in hand. In order to get proper guidance on this aspect, one must speak to the experts of Ria Overseas.
- What is the duration of the MBBS course from a top medical university in Ukraine?
The duration of the MBBS course from a top medical university in Ukraine is 6 years.