If you are an Indian student who is willing to pursue MBBS from the neighboring countries and you’re confused about choosing the most appropriate Country then the Philippines should be seriously in your consideration list. Study MBBS in Philippines makes sure that the candidate gets the excellent standard of education along with the maximum value of exposure.
The Philippines is located in the Southern Asian continent and is considered to be one of the most leading countries in the field of education, considering the current trend. The Philippines system of MBBS education is closely designed according to the US MBBS studies standards, which make sure the excellent quality of medical education with the world-class educational infrastructure. After US and UK, the Philippines is the third country in the world where the English language is used as a verbal language.
Top medical colleges in Philippines
· Cebu Institute of Medicine
· University of the Philippines College of Medicine
· Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila-College of Medicine
· Mindanao State University College of Medicine
· West Visayas State University College of Medicine
· Saint Luke’s College of Medicine
· Lyceum Northwestern University
· Cebu Doctors University College of Medicine
· UERMMMC College of Medicine and Cagayan State University College of Medicine
· Davao Medical School Foundation, Inc. College of Medicine
· University of St. La Salle College of Medicine
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Philippines
Admission to MBBS Education in Philippines is very simple and easy. Eligibility criteria for study MBBS in Philippines for Indian Students is more or less same, but the minimum aggregate marks that is required for application varies with few universities.
The Indian students who want to study MBBS in Philippines for Indian Students must read the eligibility criteria of the Philippines medical colleges before pursuing the MBBS from any particular college of Philippines.
· The applicant must have secured minimum 50 % in aggregate in PCB in 10+2.
· The applicants should abide by the laws (in the international quota)
· He or she should be of the age between 17-26 years.
· The applicants must be NEET-UG Qualified.
· Students will have to produce all the certificates such as mark sheets, school leaving certificate, etc. to authenticate their qualification while applying for admission
The top Medical Colleges in Philippines is qualitative and vast. A few examples through proven track record are:
· ISO 9001:2008 certified
· Tie-up with 40 regional hospitals provides great deal of clinical exposure
· High-quality education at affordable prices
· Faculty from the US backed by years of experience
· Largest campus in Dagupan city
· There are top 5 medical schools in whole of Philippines in terms of USMLE results
There are certain scholarship programs offered by MBBS Universities in Philippines for financially weaker section of the students who are unable to afford their full MBBS fee from the concerned medical college. These candidates are eligible to apply for the scholarship program of the various MBBS Universities in Philippines who fulfill the qualifying criteria and are awarded the scholarship assistance to fund their studies. You can visit the concerned medical college of Philippines to know everything about the applicable scholarship program for yourself.
Philippines MBBS Entrance Exam
An entrance exam is the gateway exam from the majority of the medical colleges before they offer MBBS admission to the aspiring candidates. In the case of MBBS Education in Philippines, the candidates have to go through the entrance exam to be eligible for getting the admission in the medical colleges of Philippines.
The entrance exam in Philippines is known as the national medical admission test (NMAT) that is conducted by every medical college of Philippines and the candidates have to pass this exam to be able to get admission in their desired medical college.
Advantages of studying MBBS in Philippines
· Top MBBS Universities in Philippines are approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and have been included the World Directory of Medical Schools.
· The medium of teaching is English in all the Medical Universities of Philippines. Philippines is the fourth populous English speaking country in world.
· Cost-effective education, accommodation & budget-friendly living cost.
· Philippines system of education is designed around the American Style of Curriculum. The eligible students have to clear all three steps of USMLE to practice in the USA.
· The students who have graduated from MBBS, MD courses from Philippines are known to have 100% success rate, in the region under USMLE.
List of Medical Colleges in Philippines approved by MCI
The Indian students who want to study MBBS in Philippines should choose the medical colleges of the Country which are recognized by the Medical Council of India. That will make sure that you get the full value of your MBBS degree from the Philippines. Here is the list of top Medical Colleges in the Philippines accredited by the Medical Council of India:
· Bicoi Christian Colleges of Medicine
· University of Northern Philippines
· Our Lady of Fatima University
· Davao Medical School Foundation
· Cagayan State University
· Angeles University Foundation
· Cebu Institute of Northern Philippines
· Lyceum Northwestern University
· Da La Salle University Foundation.
Geography and the Climate of the Philippines
If you are planning to do MBBS Education in Philippines, then you should understand the geographical and the climate aspects of the country clearly since you are going to spend 5 to 6 years of your life in the Country.
The geography of the Country comprises 3000000 square kilometers land area with more than 7500 islands in it. You can find plenty of the mountainous islands and beautiful places in the country to enjoy the summer season well.
The climate of the country is more of the tropical nature that is the combination of the hot and humid weather. Summer, rainy and the winter are the three major seasons of the country with their average ideal temperature between 17-32 degree centigrade, that means if you are from India, you will find climate in the Philippines is very similar to India.