Russia A Desired Destination for MBBS
With the growing popularity among Indian students to study MBBS abroad, there are some countries which have been emerged as most desired destinations for Indian students. Russia is one of the few of those countries.
Russia is one of the most cost-effective and popular destinations in the world for foreign students, specifically for Indian students. As English is the language of medium instruction around the world, there is greater demand from foreign medical students in Russia to study MBBS in English. That has made the Russian authorities to introduce MBBS programs in Russia in English medium in the top medical universities.
The medical universities in Russia offer outstanding services to the foreign students so that they can enroll to their preferable courses without any hassles. Besides this, the foreign students can save a considerable amount of money to study MBBS in Russia. MBBS programs in Russia medical university have been designed according to the needs of population that is health priorities. For example, there were widespread non-communicable diseases that created real health hazards during 1950s.
The Russian educational system started showing relatively stronger approach to the study such subjects. When there was greater need for primary health care during 1970s, the medical education in Russia turned to fill up that gap. The Russian medical schools follow the pattern of annual examinations at the end of the fourth and fifth years.
Russian medical universities continue to be the leading institutions in Medical studies if you compare other medical universities of the world. The books and textbooks supplied in Russian medical schools have been translated into other languages. Russian MBBS degrees have gained global recognition and have topped UNESCO and WHO ratings.
The course fee to study MBBS in Russia for Indian students in the Russia medical university is relatively low as compared to that of Europe and even in India and the standards of education is world-class and constantly approved by world bodies like WHO and UNESCO. This makes Russian medical universities more attractive to international medical students and finding their places among the top international medical Universities.
Top Universities to Study MBBS in Russia for Indian Students
- Tver State Medical University
- Orenburg State Medical University
- Perm State Medical University
- Mari State University
- Nizhny Novgorod State Medical University Since 1920
- Bashkir State Medical University
- People’s Friendship University
- Kursk State Medical University
- Kazan State Medical University
- Ryazan State Medical University
- Crimea Federal University
- Northern State Medical University
- Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University
- Volgograd State Medical University
- OMSK State Medical University
- Syktyvkar State University
- Altai State Medical University
- Dagestan State Medical University
- Siberian State Medical University
- Far Eastern Federal University
- Lomonosov Moscow State University
- Southern Federal University
- Kazan Federal University
- Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University (RNRMU)
- Kuban State Medical University
Application for MBBS Admission in Russia
If you compare the admission procedure with Indian medical universities and colleges, the admission process in Russia is much simpler, easy and direct. As there is huge number of MBBS aspirants waiting in queue to take admission to top medical universities of Russia, it’s always advised to apply early for the benefit of the candidates. The admission formalities will take an approximately 1 and ½ month depending largely on the availability of the student’s passport.
Step by Step procedure:
- Choice your University from the list of top MCI approved Universities.
- Fill in the online application form with all the necessary credentials mentioned on the official website.
- After taking guidance from professional counselors, candidates will have to upload the scanned copies of the essential documents required.
- The application will be sent to the concerned Universities.
MBBS programs in Russia are of 6 years which are undergraduate MD. The curriculum for the first two years is relatively same at all universities. In first, 2 years the students have to study preclinical and fundamental medical sciences that are the essential basis for any medical specialty. The medical specialization starts 3rd year onwards that includes propedeutics, biochemistry and pathology, clinical and special subjects with respect to the orientation.
Fees and Facilities
As there are 650 state universities and around 1, 65,000 students come from 200 different countries. Russia is among the top choices for students as an education destination and the highest literacy rate in the world (99.6% ). Each year, huge numbers of students from different part of the world come here to pursue their higher studies. Russia with various courses to stand in top choices for education is MBBS, Sports Medicine, Pediatrics, and Dentistry. Besides that Pharmacy, Clinical Psychology, Business Informatics, Economics, Accounting, Banking Management, Civil Engineering, Electronic Engineering and a wide range of courses.
The average tuition fees for different MBBS programs are of up to 200,000 (550,000 ($ 3000 to $ 8,000) per year. There are usually two types of accommodation – hostels and closed premises in Russia. The cost of hostel accommodation varies from $ 30- $ 100 per month. Of course, the dormitories are the cheapest option to spend their student lives in Russia. Off-campus accommodation is usually on the higher side and is between $ 150- $ 400 monthly depending on the area, type, and accommodation (hostel, rental rooms, or apartment). Housing fee is determined by the university and can vary from 500 to 5,000 rubles (USD 8-80) per month.