The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a national level entrance exam conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for students who wish to pursue undergraduate medical courses (MBBS/BDS) and postgraduate medical courses (MD/MS) in India. NEET 2023 application window has reopened on neet.nta.nic.in from April 11, 2023, to May 11, 2023, for students who missed the previous application deadline. In this article, we will discuss everything that you need to know about the NEET 2023 application process.
What is NEET?
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a national level entrance exam conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for students who wish to pursue undergraduate medical courses (MBBS/BDS) and postgraduate medical courses (MD/MS) in India. NEET is conducted once a year and is the only entrance exam for admission to medical colleges in India.
NEET 2023 Application Dates
The NEET 2023 application window has reopened on neet.nta.nic.in from April 11, 2023, to May 11, 2023. The NEET 2023 exam date is yet to be announced.
Who is Eligible for NEET 2023?
To be eligible for NEET 2023, a candidate must fulfill the following criteria:
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- The candidate must have completed 17 years of age as of December 31, 2023.
- The upper age limit for NEET 2023 is 25 years (for general category candidates) and 30 years (for reserved category candidates).
- The candidate must have completed class 12 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology as compulsory subjects.
- The candidate must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in class 12 or equivalent (for general category candidates) and 40% marks (for reserved category candidates).
NEET 2023 Application Form
The NEET 2023 application form is available on the official website of NEET, i.e., neet.nta.nic.in. The application process for NEET 2023 is online, and the steps to fill the application form are as follows:
How to Fill NEET 2023 Application Form
Step 1: Registration – Visit the official website of NEET, i.e., neet.nta.nic.in, and click on the ‘Apply Online’ button. Fill in the required details and generate your application number.
Step 2: Fill Application Form – Fill in the application form with personal details, educational qualifications, and other required details.
Step 3: Upload Documents – Upload scanned copies of your photograph, signature, and other required documents.
Step 4: Payment of Application Fees – Pay the application fees online through credit/debit card apart from net banking or e-wallets.
Step 5: Submit Application Form – After completing all the steps, submit your application form.
Documents Required for NEET 2023 Application
The following documents are required for NEET 2023 application:
- Class 10 certificate/mark sheet
- Class 12 certificate/mark sheet
- Scanned copy of passport size photograph
- Scanned copy of signature
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
- Identification proof (Aadhar card, PAN card, etc.)
NEET 2023 Application Fees
The application fees for NEET 2023 are as follows:
- General/OBC category candidates: Rs. 1500/-
- SC/ST/PwD category candidates: Rs. 800/-
NEET 2023 Exam Pattern
The NEET 2023 exam pattern is as follows:
- The exam will be conducted in pen-and-paper mode (offline).
- The exam duration is 3 hours.
- The exam consists of 180 multiple-choice questions.
- The questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Each correct answer carries 4 marks, and each incorrect answer deducts 1 mark.
NEET 2023 Syllabus
The NEET 2023 syllabus is as follows:
- Physics: Physical World and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body, Gravitation, Properties of Bulk Matter, Thermodynamics, Behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory, Oscillations and Waves.
- Chemistry: Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Structure of Atom, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, States of Matter: Gases and Liquids, Thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Redox Reactions, Hydrogen, s-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals), Some p-Block Elements, Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles and Techniques, Hydrocarbons, Environmental Chemistry.
- Biology: Diversity in Living World, Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants, Cell Structure and Function, Plant Physiology, Human Physiology, Reproduction, Genetics and Evolution, Biology and Human Welfare, Biotechnology and Its Applications, Ecology and Environment.
NEET 2023 Admit Card
The NEET 2023 admit card will be available on the official website of NEET, i.e., neet.nta.nic.in, a few weeks before the exam date. Candidates must download and print their admit cards and carry them to the exam center.
NEET 2023 Result
The NEET 2023 result will be announced on the official website of NEET, i.e., neet.nta.nic.in, a few weeks after the exam date. Candidates can check their results by entering their roll number and date of birth.
NEET 2023 Cut Off
The NEET 2023 cut off is the minimum marks required by a candidate to qualify for the exam. The cut off varies every year and depends on various factors such as the difficulty level of the exam, the number of candidates appearing for the exam, etc. The cut off for NEET 2023 will be announced along with the result.
NEET 2023 Counseling Process
The NEET 2023 counseling process will be conducted by the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) for 15% All India Quota seats and by the respective state counseling authorities for the remaining 85% seats. Candidates who qualify for the exam will be required to participate in the counseling process and choose their preferred college and course.
NEET 2023 Preparation Tips
NEET 2023 preparation tips to help you ace the exam:
- Understand the Syllabus – Go through the NEET 2023 syllabus thoroughly and understand the topics and subtopics covered in each subject.
- Create a Study Plan – Make a study plan that covers all the topics in the syllabus and allocate sufficient time for each subject.
- Practice Mock Tests – Practice mock tests regularly to get familiar with the exam pattern and improve your time management skills.
- Solve Previous Year Papers – Solve previous year papers to understand the type of questions asked in the exam and to identify your strengths and weaknesses.
- Revise Regularly – Revise regularly to reinforce your concepts and ensure that you remember what you have studied.
- Stay Focused and Motivated – Stay focused and motivated throughout your preparation and maintain a positive attitude towards the exam.
NEET 2023 is one of the most competitive exams in India, and candidates must prepare well to ace the exam. By understanding the exam pattern, syllabus, and preparation tips, candidates can increase their chances of success in the exam. We hope that this article has provided you with all the necessary information regarding NEET 2023. Good luck with your preparations!
- When will the NEET 2023 application window reopen? The NEET 2023 application window will reopen today, i.e., April 11, 2023, on the official website of NEET, i.e., neet.nta.nic.in.
- What is the application fee for NEET 2023? The application fee for NEET 2023 is Rs. 1500/- for General/OBC category candidates and Rs. 800/- for SC/ST/PwD category candidates.
- What is the exam pattern for NEET 2023? The NEET 2023 exam will be conducted in pen-and-paper mode (offline), and the exam duration is 3 hours. The exam consists of 180 multiple-choice questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- When will the NEET 2023 admit card be available? The NEET 2023 admit card will be available a few weeks before the exam date on the official website of NEET, i.e., neet.nta.nic.in.
- What is the NEET 2023 cut off? The NEET 2023 cut off is the minimum marks required by a candidate to qualify for the exam. The cut off varies every year and depends on various factors such as the difficulty level of the exam, the number of candidates appearing for the exam, etc. The cut off for NEET 2023 will be announced along with the result.