Today, Georgia is very popular among the MBBS abroad seekers around the world, including India for the advanced and medical studies across the globe. With the growing demand to study MBBS in Georgia, there are so many medical universities which have come up at the various locations of the country. Georgia has successfully achieved 100% of literacy and Medical Universities in Georgia is well-known for high standard of infrastructure and education. As the medical universities of Georgia are recognized by MCI and WHO and the students obtaining MBBS from Georgia are eligible to work on any part of the world.
Georgia is located at the intersection of Europe and Asia and is also the former Soviet republic that’s home to Caucasus Mountain villages and Black Sea beaches. Tbilisi is the capital city of Georgia and is is known for the diverse architecture and mazelike, cobblestone streets of its old town. It’s famous for Vardzia, a sprawling cave monastery dating back to 12th century
Top MCI Approved Medical Colleges in Georgia
- Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University
- New Vision University, Tbilisi
- AIETI Medical School
- Akaki Tsereteli State University
- David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia
- David Tvildiani Medical University
- European University
- High Medical School “Ayeti”
- Ivane Javakhashvili Tbilisi State University
- Kutaisi Medical Institute “Kutaisi”
- LLC Caucasus International University, Tbilisi
- Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy
- Tbilisi Medical University “Hippocrates”
- Tbilisi Public University “Metekhi”
- Tbilisi State Medical University
- Geomedi Medical University Georgia
|Degree Offered||MD- Equivalent to MBBS in India|
|Academics Intake Time||September|
|Course Duration||6 years|
|Eligibility Criteria||50% in 12th class PCB category|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Fee Structure||USS$ 3500-6000 per year|
|Living Cost||US$ 200-250 per month|
|Recognition of Medical Universities||MCI, WHO, FAIMER, Ministry of Georgia|
Why Study MBBS in Georgia?
Georgia has become one of the hottest destinations for Indian students these days who want to pursue MBBS abroad.
- MBBS Universities in Georgia are recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO) and Medical Council of India (MCI)
- The MBBS degrees in Georgia are globally accepted.
- No entrance exam system
- International standard of education with highly qualified outstanding staff.
- Course fee for MBBS in Georgia is very low compared to other countries.
- The students are allowed to participate in international conferences and seminars and find international exposure.
- The students in Georgia are given much-needed discounts on travel within the country.
Benefits of MBBS from Georgia
- Best Medical Universities in Georgia and MD degrees from Georgia are acknowledged by international bodies like WHO and UNESCO.
- The students pursuing their MBBS in Georgia will have the opportunity to do the internship in some of the best hospitals within the country itself.
- No entrance test for admission, making the admission process much easier.
- The students are given the opportunity of doing the practicals, experiments and clinical rounds to improve their skills in an highly-developed environment
- The hospitals have great infrastructure and technologically well-equipped.
- High-quality accommodation facility comparable to other developed countries.
- Indian food is readily served at the hostels, giving a homely feeling to the Indian students.
- The Study MBBS in Georgia focus on skill development and is of practical approach.
- Scholarship facility, well-equipped lab and highly-qualified faculty
- Safe environment and friendly community
- Cold climate
Eligibility for MBBS in Georgia
MBBS admission in Georgia is much simpler and cost-effective compared to most of the private and government medical colleges of India. The minimum eligibility criteria for MBBS admission in Georgia:
- The student has to be 17 years of age as on 31st December of the concerned admission year.
- The student must be 12th grade or +2 pass with 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) from a regular board or council and 40% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology for SC/ST/OBC.
- The student has to qualify NEET.
- IELTS or TOEFL is not required
Duration of MBBS programs in Georgia
The education system pattern followed in Georgia is highly competitive. The course curriculum for the medical studies is regarded as one of the toughest in the world and so the colleges and universities come up with required procedures, so that the students can complete their courses with ease and create a unique niche while practicing in India or elsewhere. The Indian students obtaining MBBS degrees from Georgia have to clear the MCI screening test for practice in India. The duration of the MBBS course in Georgia is 6 Years. It includes 1 year of internship.
MBBS Fees in Georgia
The Indian students have been attracted for affordable MBBS course in Georgia. It is a crime free, safe and well-known nation with very conducive studying atmosphere and also female friendly. Georgia is one of the most promising economies in Europe and offers MBBS course at a very competitive fee. The MBBS fees in Georgia vary between USS$ 3500-6000 per year.