MBBS in Russia
MBBS in Russia is the best career making platform for you, if you are planning to study MBBS. Many of the Indian students are in fact always try to shape their opportunities to get an exposer in abroad for their higher study. It is an intelligent decision for an Indian MBBS aspirant to avail the wide range of resources and advanced techniques of teaching- learning in Russia Educational System.
MBBS in Russia facilities International Students with the platform of meeting medical expertise across the globe, enriched and qualitative study ambiance, immense practical experiences, gallery of resources for your future study and clinical practices.
MBBS in Russia; Basic Information at a Glance:
|Intake||October/ March (Varies- university wise)|
|Minimum Academic Qualification||12 Standard with at least 50% aggregate in PCB|
|Course Fee||Within 4000 to 7000 USD|
|Hostel Charge||Within 200 to 260 USD|
|Medium of Instruction||English & Russian|
|MBBS course is recognized by||MCI & WHO|
MBBS in Russia; Courses Offered & their Duration:
All the Universities in Russian do not offer teaching-learning instructions in both Russian & English. Some universities use only English and some other universities only Russian as their mediums of instructions.
Following is the List of Universities, the Medium of Instruction and Annual Fees
|University||Medium of Teaching||Fees Per Year (INR)|
|Bashkir State Medical University||Fully Russian||195000|
|Perm State Medical University||Fully Russian||273000|
|Syktyvkar State Medical||Fully Russian||195000|
|Mari State University||Fully Russian||195000|
|Orenburg State Medical University||Fully Russian||357000|
|Northern State Medical University||Bilingual||260000|
|Tver State Medical University||Bilingual||455000|
|Smolensk State Medical University||Bilingual||357000|
|Kursk State Medical||Bilingual||410000|
|Volvogard State Medical University||English||400000|
|Ryazan State Medical University||English||295000|
|Dagestan State Medical University||English||240500|
|I M Sachenov Moscow State Medical University||English||650000|
|Crimean Federal University||English||195000|
|Pirogov Russian NRM University||English||385000|
|Irkutsk State Medical University||English & Russia||2600000 for English 200000 for Russian|
|Kazan State Medical University||English||335000|
MBBS in Russia; Eligibility Criteria:
Age of the applicant– At least 17 years old but not more than 25 years old on or before 31st December in the year of admission.
Minimum educational qualification- 12th standard, minimum 50% marks in aggregate with Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English.
In case of SC/ST/OBC candidates- 12th standard, minimum 50% marks in aggregate with PCB & English.
NEET Exam- Mandatory
MBBS in Russia; Required Documents for Admission:
- A valid passport with at least a validity of 18 months
- Certificate and mark sheets of 10th standard and 12th standard
- The birth certificate that in English. If not in English Language, then it is required to be translated into English. The certificate has to be notarized.
- 10 photographs as per the specifications.
- HIV Test Documents
- All the required documents that are needed from the Ministry of External Affairs.
- Fees of the Visa
- Certain Universities makes it mandatory to submit the payment receipt for the 1st year tuition fees.
MBBS in Russia; Admission Process:
- The admission form must be duly filled up & submitted along with the scanned copies of all the required documents through online.
- If your application gets approved, the University will send you a conformation letter for admission.
- Once you get the confirmation letter, make the payment of the tuition fees as instructed by the University.
MBBS in Russia; List of the Three Top Universities with Low Fees, Ranked by Indian Embassy
|University Name||Crimean Federal University||Pirogov Russian NRM University||Rostov State Medical University|
|Course Fees in Ruble||Ruble 195000/- per year||Ruble 385000/- per year||Ruble 250000/- per year|
|Course Duration||5.8 years||5.8 years||5.8 years|
|Date of Application||Before 15th July||Before 15th July||Before 15th July|
Fee Structure of MBBS Course in the Universities of Different Countries; A Comparative Study
|Country||University||Budget in Indian Rupees|
|India||Private Medical Colleges||More than 65 Lakhs|
|USA||International American University||More than 75 Lakhs|
|MBBS in Ukraine with PG in the USA||For all Universities||More than 40 to 50 Lakhs|
|China A Grade||Jilin University||In the range of 30 to 40 Lakhs|
|China A+ Grade||Jiangsu University||In the range of 30 to 40 Lakhs|
|China A Grade||China Medical University||In the range of 30 to 40 Lakhs|
|Russia A Grade||Pirogov Russian NRM University||In the range of 30 to 40 Lakhs|
|Ukraine A Grade||Bukovinian State Medical University||In the range of 20 to 30 Lakhs|
|Ukraine A Grade||LVIV Medical University||In the range of 20 to 30 Lakhs|
|Russia A Grade||Crimean Federal University||15 to 20 Lakhs|
|Kazakhastan + FMGE||South Kazakhstan Medical Academy||10 to 15 Lakhs|
MBBS in Russia; Syllabus Pattern:
- The Duration of MBBS Course in Russia is of 6 years.
- There are 2 semesters.
- The subjects taught in the first 3 years will be different.
- But from the 4th year to 6th year, the 1st sem. covers Clinical Subjects and the 2nd sem. have different subjects like Cardiology, Internal Medicine, Neurology etc.
MBBS in Russia; Scholarship Opportunities:
The Government of the Russia Federation offers State Level scholarships.
Scholarship for the foreign students covers the tuition fees, accommodation, maintenance and food charges.
There are some medical colleges which also offers medical grants to students.
Education Loan Assistance
There are Private and National Banks that offer Education Loan Assistance to pursue MBBS in Russia.
PG Options after MBBS
PG degrees from Russian are not yet recognized by the Medical Education Regulator of India.
After the completion of MBBS in Russia, you can practice it in India/ any Foreign Country
You can apply for PG Course in India/ Foreign Country
You can prepare for USMLE / PLAB.
USMLE- the United States Medical Licensing Examination
PLAB- The Professional & Linguistic Assessments Board
MBBS in Russia; Advantages & Disadvantages:
- Easy admission procedure
- No donation
- Affordable course fees
- Recognized by the MCI & globally accepted
- Good accommodation & canteen facilities
- There are three types of universities based on the mediums of instruction for MBBS course in Russia
- One where the medium of instruction is English
- Second where the medium of instruction is Russia
- Third where there is a bilingual course. That is 3 years in English and 3 years in Russia
- The complete English programmes are expensive as compared to Russian programmes.
- But if you are not fluent in the Russian Language, you have no other option but to choose the expensive complete English programme.
- If you want to know what is the difference in the pricing of the English and Russian Language MBBS course, contact the expert consultants of Ria Overseas.
- The Visa process is time-consuming.
- Getting adopted to the weather and lifestyle of Russia may be a bit difficult for some Indian students.
MBBS in Russia; Complete Fee Structure During the Course:
|Name of the University||Language||Eligibility||Last Date||Course Duration||Cost in the 1st Year INR)||Cost from 2nd year to 6th Year||Total Cost|
|Rostov state Medical University||English||50% PCB||10th Sept.||5.8 years||3,48,500||2,67,000||16,86,000|
|Pirogov Russia National Research Medical University, Moscow||English||50% PCB||30th Aug.||5.8 years||5,59,000||4,49,000||28,06,000|
|Crimean Federal University||English||70% Chemistry & Biology||30th July.||5.8 years||3,76,000||2,23,500||14,93,000|
FMGE Passing Percentage After the Completion of MBBS:
- Cracking Foreign Medical Graduate Exam for an Indian MBBS from Russia is mandatory for the purpose of the medical practices in India.
- Only 16% of the Indian MBBS students from Russia who have FMGE certificate are allowed to practice in India.
- It is noticed that the pass percentage of this exam is pretty low.
Russia; an Overview as a Wonderful Country:
- Geographically, considered as the largest country in the world.
- The capital of this country is Masco.
- Its population is more than 145 million.
- It is a democratic country.
- The official language of the country is Russian.
- Its currency is Russian Rubles.
- One Russian Ruble is equivalent to 1.08 Indian Rupee.
- The dominating religion is Christianity.
- You also can find the people of other faits like Islam, Judaism and Buddhism.
- The country has a continental climate. It has a long & very cold winters.
- The summers are of a short duration.
- India is 2 ½ hours ahead of Russia in time.
- The travel time from Delhi to Moscow is 6 ½ hours.
Safety Aspect in Russia
In fact, these days all the European countries are safe for the international students. Russia is safe but it is advisable not to roam around the country in odd time.
As per the allowance of your budget you can opt hostel, rented flat or rented house for the purpose of accommodation.
A Guidance from Ria Overseas
Set Your Mind, Set Your Goal & Set Your Stage for Your MBBS Career:
- To trace your career by getting through the decision making to choose a Medical College for MBBS Course is just like cloudy ideas are befogging your mind.
- Many MBBS aspirants of India with their aspirations to take the admission in India, cease their precious academic years for not getting seats in the Private or Government Medical Institutions.
- If you are pretty apprehensive for not getting seats in India, without waiting sfor NEET results apply for MBBS in abroad.
- The admission procedure in the Medical Universities of abroad close by the time the results of NEET are out & the admission process for the Medical Colleges in India is completed.
- If you don’t manage your efforts to take admission in India, you will waste your valuable academic year.
- It is an encouraging fact for an Indian MBBS aspirant that you have to invest almost 75 Lakhs for completing MBBS in India. But if you opt for MBBS in Russia, you can manage your study with only half amount of the fees required for MBBS in India.
- Also keep in mind that if you wish to get admission in Indian Medical College, then you are required to score high in NEET Exam.
- Only top 2 to 3 % NEET qualifiers can take admission in top Private Medical Collages of India.
Now the decision is yours!
For more details, for more clarification and for more guidance, Ria Overseas welcomes you with its services to contact our export consultants.
Wish You All the Best.