- Affiliation: The college is affiliated by the University of Chittagong and recognized by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BM&DC).
- Director: Mr. Md Abdus Salam
- Medium of Instruction: English
- Established: 2005
- Number of students: 476
- Campus Area: 2.08 acres
- Courses offered: MBBS
- Duration: 5 years + 1year compulsory Internship
- Eligibility: Minimum GPA 4.0 or equivalent grade in Secondary School Certificate and Higher Secondary Certificate examinations or in equivalent examinations respectively with subject combination of physics, chemistry and biology.
- Academic Session: Jan-Dec
- Weather: The weather in Chittagong is pleasant. High Temp is 32 °C. Low Temp is 15 °C.
- Food: Nutritious and hygienically prepared food available in the college. All vegetables available in India are also available in Bangladesh.
About Southern Medical College & Hospital
Southern Medical College & Hospital is one of the best medial college in Bangladesh. The college was established in 2005 and is affiliated with the University of Chittagong which is approved by Medical Council of India (MCI).
Southern Medical College is located in Chittagong which is the second largest city in Bangladesh with a population of more than 2.5 million people. This means a steady patient flow for students during their clinical practice. Southern Medical College is one of the best colleges for MBBS in Bangladesh.
Southern Medical College is a Private college by status and is also approved by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of Bangladesh. It is also approved by Nepal Medical Council.
Southern Medical College offers MBBS program for a course duration of 5 years and one-year compulsory internship. The college has facilities to train Medical and Paramedical staff. We are committed to enhance the quality of life through improved health care, the preparation of those professionals who will serve the health needs of others and the discovery of knowledge that will benefit us all.
Southern Medical College & Hospital is situated on 2.5 acres of land at East Nasirabad, Khulshi, Chittagong. The administrative offices & all the departments are well organized, well furnished & adequately equipped for the lectures, tutorials, dissection.
Southern Medical College has well-equipped laboratory, practical room, museum & library with adequate books, journals and computer with internet facilities. The Academic Faculty in both College & Hospital now consists of 194 full-time members – blend of a distinguished body of academics with proven teaching & research excellence and younger professionals with varied experience.
Well-furnished and secured male & female student hostels are available within the college campus area. Hygienically cooked and healthy food is also available for the students studying in Southern Medical College.
Admissions & Eligibility
Seats are reserved for foreign students on First come First Service basis. Students interested to take admission in southern medical college, Chittagong Bangladesh must book their seats by before November 15th. There are certain procedure to be maintained. Every procedure must go through both embassy â€“ Indian Medical Council (IMC), Nepal Medical Council (NMC), Director General Health Service DGHS (Dhaka) & Ministry of foreign Affairs.
Fee Structure 2019
Estimate of Expenses for 2019 BatchInternational MBBS Program, English Medium,Southern Medical College Bangladesh
|Each Student shall be required to pay the following fees:|
|1st Year||TOTAL INR|
|1. Registration fee|
2. Documents attestation & processing
[Attestation from Embassy of Bangladesh – academic credentials of class 10 & class 12 marks sheet + pass certificate +
admit card = 6 documents]
3. Application for DGHS Approval – Payable to Director, Medical Education & HMPD, DGHS, Bangladesh
4. Counselling Fee
5. Air Fare & Visa
|Total Payable to SOLC||1,11,000|
|Payment in Bangladesh||USD $|
|One time Development Fee|
Tuition Fee [for 05 years USD 2760 x 5]
Hostel rent [for 05 years USD 600 x 5 ]
Clinical fee at a time
|Mode of Payment||USD $|
|1. At the time of admission|
2. 2nd Installment [to be paid by August 2020]
3. 3rd Installment [to be paid by March 2021]
4. 4th Installment [to be paid by March 2022]
5. 5th Installment [to be paid by March 2023]
6. 6th Installment [to be paid by March 2024]
7. 7th Installment [to be paid by September 2024]
1] This fee structure is provisional. Fee structure applicable at the time of admission shall apply.
2] Departure will be either Ex Delhi or Kolkata only. Students are required to reach the port of departure on their own.
Interested in applying for this University?
You will need to prepare the following documents for your application:
- Transcript of marks for Higher Secondary level exams.
- Police Clearance Certificate.