Philippines education system is one of the best in India. This is today regarded as one of the best places for students to study MBBS in Philippines completely in English medium at affordable price. Philippines has a literacy rate of 90% that proves the country gives priority to education. MBBS Education in Philippines has several advantages compared to other countries – there are so many competent doctors who have been locally trained or trained in US or the first-world countries. The medical curriculum in Philippines is relatively tough.
Most of the medical institutes even arrange separate batch for Indian students so that the Indian students can adapt to the condition easily. The Indian Air-conditioned in-campus Hostel with Quality Indian food can be most attractive. The culture is not very difficult to adopt. The culture is much easy to adopt with. People are very accommodating and hospitable and even the environment is more open and less hostile.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Philippines
Eligibility criteria for study MBBS in Philippines for Indian Students are more or less same in all MCI approved MBBS Universities in Philippines. But there is variation in the minimum aggregate marks university to university what is required for application. The following
· The applicant must have minimum 50 % in aggregate in the major PCB subjects in 10+2.
· The applicants will have to be abide by the laws (in the international quota)
· He or she should be of the age between 17-26 years.
· The applicants must be NEET-UG Qualified.
· Students will have to produce all the certificates such as mark sheets, school leaving certificate, etc. to authenticate their qualification while applying for admission
The applicants are shortlisted based on the minimum aggregate marks and early receipt of application that is first-cum-first serve. The documents which have to be submitted while applying include:
- Class 10 Mark Sheets
- Class 12 Mark Sheets
- School Transfer Certificate
- School Leaving Certificate
- Conduct certificate
Procedure for Admission in MBBS in Philippines
· Step 1: Clear the National Medical Admission Test (NMAT), the national level admission test is required to be qualified to get admitted to MBBS in Philippines.
· Step 2: Once you clear NMAT, you have to apply online by filling the online application form.
· Step 3: Once the medical institution approves your application form, it will send you the letter of acceptance.
· Step 4: You have to deposit the required tuition fees.
· Step 5: Apply for the student visa
· Step 6: Joining the MBBS program
MBBS in Philippines
· The medical program in Philippines is MD that is Doctor of medicine which is equivalent to MBBS of UK, India, Pakistan and other Commonwealth countries.
· The degree includes the medical theory, practical and clinical rotation for giving a better exposure to the students.
· The medical degrees of Philippines medical colleges are approved MCI and WHO.
· The academic year starts in June and ends in March. There are two semesters in each academic year. One is from June to October and the other from November to March.
· The infrastructure of the Philippines medical colleges is of high-quality whether that is staff, equipments and technology.
MBBS in Philippines consists of 3 parts that are BS, MD and Internship and the total duration is of 6 years.
BS: The foundation course and is divided into 4 semesters and the students can complete the course in 1.5 to 2 years.
Immediately after the completion of the course, the students will have to appear for NMAT Philippines test. This test is conducted for all medical schools, colleges and universities of Philippines. National Medical Admission Test (NMAT) is the common admission test for joining to MD course.
The applicants need to clear the test in order to enter into 4 years MD course. After the completion of this course, the students will be sent for internship to the local hospitals, clinics and healthcare centers. The Indian students who study MBBS in Philippines will have to do their internship in India; because the internship in Philippines doesn’t have validity in India.MCI screening test is necessary.
If the students fail to qualify the test, they have to again appear and pass. The students can directly join MD course in Philippines, which is equivalent to MBBS in other countries if they have a Bachelor of Science degree.
MBBS syllabus in Philippines
MBBS syllabus in Philippines is so designed that the students have to complete BS (Bachelor of Science) before appearing for MBBS. In India, MBBS is done after 10+2 system, but in case of Philippines, it’s after 10+4 System.
The 10+2 students from India will have to do BS program from Philippines before doing 4 Years MD.
Actually BS is 10-18 Months duration, depending on University to University. The BS programs in Philippines Universities follow the pattern of prescribed total Study Units (Minimum 72 Units as per CHED) which takes 10 to 18 Months. Some Universities do more than 72-74 Study Units.
Why You Should Study MBBS in the Philippines?
- Language: The Philippines is the 3rd largest English-speaking country in the world. The MBBS program is taught entirely in English which is easy and most of the students are familiar. That will be similar to studying in India or the USA, UK, Australia, etc.
- Multicultural and Friendly People: The Philippines is a multicultural country and people are familiar in interacting with foreigners regularly. Philippines is an international travel hotspot and one of the busiest educational hubs in the world.
- World-Class Medical Education Standard: Education system in Philippines follows the USA system that is 10+4 system, instead of the 10+2 system in India.
- USMLE (the United States Medical Licensing Examination) Test Preparation: The Philippines offers superior quality education. The students who do MBBS in the Philippines are in high demand in countries like the USA, UK, etc and have a much better chance of clearing USMLE than students of other countries. USMLE is the screening test which is required to pursue postgraduate in medicine in the USA or practice as a medical doctor there.
- Highly Recognized Medical Degree: Doctor of Medicine (MD) course in the Philippines which is equivalent of the MBBS in India is recognized by WHO and Medical Council of India.