- Affiliation : The college is affiliated with Dhaka University as a constituent college. The college is listed with the World Health Organisation and International Medical Education Directory (IMED).
- Chairman : The chairman of the college is Md. Mustafizur Rahman
- Medium of Instruction : English
- Established : 2010
- Number of students: 430
- Campus : Urban
- Courses offered : MBBS
- Duration : 5 years + 1year compulsory Internship
- Eligibility : HSC or equivalent examination with the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Academic Session : Jan-Dec
- Weather : The climate of Dhaka is very pleasant. Winter-Max:15°C Min:10°C | Summer-Max:36°C Min:27°C.
- Food : Nutritious and hygienically prepared food available in the college. All vegetables available in India are also available in Bangladesh.
- Location : The college is located in Dhanmondi, Dhaka.
About Popular Medical College
Popular Medical College is one of the best medical college for studying MBBS in Bangladesh. It is a private medical school in Bangladesh, established in 2010. It is located in Dhanmondi, Dhaka.
Popular Medical College is affiliated with University of Dhaka as a constituent college and listed in World Health Organizations (WHO).
Popular Medical College offers MBBS for the medical aspirant students of Bangladesh and the students who want to study medical in foreign universities. Total duration of the course is 5years plus one-year compulsory internship. The degree is recognised by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council.
Popular Medical College campus is easily connected by all types of transport and is within a very short distance from good dinning and shopping centres. The college has well-furnished residential hostel for the students situated near the college with dining hall and provisions for dining in groups.
The academic building of the college has adequate number of well-equipped air-conditioned lecture halls for large group teaching, conduction of examinations and social events.
The college has medical Education Unit with modern equipment, common rooms for male and female students, Games and Sports (indoor & outdoor, guest house).
Popular Medical College run by full time highly qualified, well experienced, dedicated and extremely efficient and skilled teachers. The college emphasises on small group teaching, integrated teaching and problem-based learning in addition to the traditional lecture classes. Community based learning is an integral part of the academic program.
Popular Medical College thinks beyond the words that the curriculum dictates. The college not only undertakes to impart knowledge to its students but also stresses on character development and building moral values like human responsibilities, respect, care and appreciation to others to produce socially responsible persons of the community. The college encourages personal values to enable every student to develop confidence and self-awareness and the grit of determination to succeed.
The Medical College library is spacious enough to accommodate ample reading space for present and future students and holds essential latest edition text books including reference titles and others. It remains open even for evening studies under the guidance of a teacher.
The College also provides ample facilities for the students to refresh their knowledge through modern technology along with internet facilities.
The college has its own website with a built in link with essential domains and sites. The page provides all required information about the college, its objective and specialty with regular updates. Faculty details, admission policies and essential notices will also be available. Interactive pages will be dedicated for students, teachers and parents for suggesting
Medical professionals of today are facing many challenges. In order to groom our students to face such challenges with courage we have introduced an exclusive programme for our students ‘to meet the legend’. In these programmes highly distinguished personalities of the profession are invited to address and the students get free access to talk with them.
Student assistance centre
The college has established a student assistance centre designed to help students in relation to their study, accommodation and skill development. The centre provides special assistance to those who feel they are unable to keep pace with the academic course.
The centre also aims at developing individual student confidence to excel in every sphere and emerge as a productive citizen ready to deliver their best academically, skillfully, spiritually and emotionally. No doubt this is a small step but a step nevertheless towards a brighter future for each and everyone of our student.
Student resource centre
The college is planning to establish students resource centre which will facilitate the students and provide them the opportunity to develop management, communication, team building, social and leadership skills. In this global competitive age it is imperative to provide the students with opportunities to develop the above mentioned skills.
Liaison with the parents / guardians
College office serves as a bridge between the college administration & the parents/guardians. Parents / guardians meeting with the teachers and college administration is arranged regularly. Student progress reports are communicated to the parents / guardians at the end of the term. Matters relating to discipline & violation of college rules & regulations along with the decision of academic council are also communicated to the parents/guardians as and when necessary.
Physical fitness is an essential requisite for a professional education like medical science. In order to ensure optimum health this institution has a medical centre for regular health check-up of the students. It provides all medical students and staffs with a state of the art medical centre dedicated for the college. This medical centre provide regular medical check-up, emergency and on demand medical facilities upto specialist service and hospital admissions if required.
The services of the medical centre is open from 8.00 am to 2.00 pm and is available to all students free of charge. Emergency medical services are provided by the Popular Medical College Hospital round the clock.
College Conference Room and Teacher’s Lounge
The college provided a well equipped conference room with all modern facilities to conduct meetings.
The college also provided two specious teacher’s lounge for relaxation and interaction amongst the teachers.
The college has a spacious cafeteria at the 4th floor of the academic building with a range of food items, which are essentially balanced, nutritious, healthy and subsidized. Every effort has been made to ensure availability of the services up to the late hours.
College Common Room
The College has provided a spacious common room at the 4th floor of the academic building for indoor games for brief relaxation within the compact & structured teaching learning schedule.
The College has a well-furnished and secured hostel for accommodation of students under the supervision of hostel superintendent. It is near to the college campus.
Admissions & Eligibility
- Program: International MBBS Program Issued by Dhaka, English Medium.
- Medium: The medium of instruction is English.
- Duration: 5 years Studies and 1 year Internship. Internship may be done either in the university or in the home country.
- Minimum aggregate GPA in SSC or equivalent and HSC or equivalent : 7.00
- Minimum GPA in biology: 3.5
- MCI Eligibility: Eligibility Certificate to pursue Primary Medical Qualification (MBBS or its equivalent) by an Indian Citizen/Overseas Citizen of India is mandatory in terms of section 13(4B) of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956. Click Here to Download application form.
- OMAT: The Overseas Medical Admission Test is aimed at providing a uniform testing and marking system which will enable the universities to make the most informed choice about the quality of the students they would like to enrol.
Fee Structure 2019
Estimate of Expenses for 2019 BatchInternational MBBS Program, English Medium,Popular Medical College Bangladesh
|1st Year||TOTAL INR|
|1.Documents attestation & processing|
[Attestation from Embassy of Bangladesh – academic credentials of class 10 &
class 12 marks sheet + pass certificate + admit card = 6 documents]
2.Application for DGHS Approval – Payable to Director, Medical Education & 4,000
HMPD, DGHS, Bangladesh
3.Air Fare & Visa
|Total Payable to SOLC|
* Counselling fee as applicable may be charged locally
|1st Year Payment in Bangladesh||USD $|
|1. TUITION FEES & HOSTEL FEES Yearly||20,000|
|Total Payable at Bangladesh 1st year||20,000|
|2nd Year Payment in Bangladesh||USD $|
|1. TUITION FEES & HOSTEL FEES Yearly||7,000|
|Total Payable at Bangladesh 2nd year||7,000|
|3rd Year Payment in Bangladesh||USD $|
|1. TUITION FEES & HOSTEL FEES Yearly||6,000|
|Total Payable at Bangladesh 3rd year||6,000|
|4th Year Payment in Bangladesh||USD $|
|1. TUITION FEES & HOSTEL FEES Yearly||6,000|
|Total Payable at Bangladesh 4th year||6,000|
|5th Year Payment in Bangladesh||USD $|
|1. TUITION FEES & HOSTEL FEES Yearly||6,000|
|Total Payable at Bangladesh 5th year||6,000|
|6th Year Internship Year|
Students shall get a stipend of 10,000 Bangladeshi Taka during Internship at Bangladesh per month
|NOTE :1]This fee structure is provisional. Fee structure applicable at the time of admission shall apply.|
2] Departure will be either Ex Delhi or Kolkata only. Students are required to reach the port of departure on their own.All payments in Bangladesh are payable to Popular Medical College directly in USD by Swift Transfer.
| Other Payments – to be incurred by the students directly|
1. University Examination fee at Actuals
2. Insurance – yearly (Approx) payable at Bangladesh
3. Food as per city, individual consumption & choice – yearly (Approx)
4. Medical Check-up at Bangladesh(Approx)
5. Mattress, quilts, Bedsheet (Approx)
6. Air Fare: Up & Down for 6 Years (4.5 Times)15,000 x 4.5 (Approx)
* 1 Payable as per government rules.
* 3 Food payable in cash to be carried by the student.
* 6 Airfare is liable to change as per Airline tariffs.
|*Electricity & water charges are as per norms of university. Cost of additional or extra consumption to be borne by the student as per actual.|
*Fee applicable for Indian students [appropriately]
Interested in applying for this University?
You will need to prepare the following documents for your application:
- Transcript of marks for Higher Secondary level exams.
- Police Clearance Certificate.