Medical Science is the science that deals with the preservation of health as well as the prevention and treatment of disease. It is related to maintaining or restoring human health through the study, diagnosis, treatment and possible prevention of disease. MBBS profession is one of the noblest professions now days that goes with utmost humane and selflessness. It is more of an art as well as science.
Medical education is a regular debated issue in India with respect to the controversies and complex procedures associated with it. The number of Government colleges has not been increased over the years while the new private medical colleges are established each year, many of them with dubious infrastructures and have dubious dealings. These colleges demand obscene amounts of donation and allow rich people who can afford the excessive fees to bypass entrance examinations. Then, some of them are riddled with quota system and money. In view of such obstacles, the diligent students have to head for studying MBBS abroad. Today, MBBS in Philippines is found to be one of the preferable and affordable destinations for Indian MBBS-seekers.
Why will you Study MBBS in Philippines?
The Philippines, officially known as the Republic of the Philippines is an archipelagic country in Southeast Asia in the Pacific Ocean. It consists of thousands of islands and is circled by crystal clear blue water and unique coral reefs, having been divided in three main geographical divisions such as Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao. Manila is the capital and main city of the Philippines. It is the centre of the country’s economic, political, social, and cultural activity.
Being the 4th largest English-speaking country in the world, Philippines offers ample knowledge resources, up-to-date curriculum, and multi-cultural learning atmosphere with a literacy rate of 94% that is better than India.
MBBS Universities in Philippines and other medical institutions are ISO-certified and are also recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and World Health Organization (WHO). They are identified as centres of excellence and development.
In addition to leaning in a remarkable and flawless education system, foreign students will find healthy living conditions in the country. Apart from world-class education system, the country is known to be offering quality medical education cost-effective way.
· Highly advanced and modernized USA system of education
· World-wide recognition for MBBS degree from Philippines, including MCI
· Easy and simple admission procedure MBBS in Philippines for Indian students
· MBBS education in Philippines is reasonably priced and affordable.
· Excellent exposure to patients during clinical rotation or internship
· No donation for MBBS admission in Philippines
· Free coaching for USMLE
· High-salary jobs for Indian students after completing MBBS in Philippines and has the opportunity for practising in USA
· No need for IELTS or TOEFL scores for MBBS Admission in Philippines.
High-ranking Medical Universities in Philippines
The medical course in Philippines is MD that is Doctor of medicine. The MD program in Philippines is equivalent to MBBS of UK, India, Pakistan and many other Commonwealth countries.
This MD degree consists of medical theory, practicals and internship for bringing better exposure to the students. The degrees obtained from MBBS Universities in Philippines are approved with World Health Organization and Medical Council of India. The first class practical sessions and experienced teaching staff in Medical colleges of Philippines are proven to be extremely beneficial for Indian students and have gained significant popularity around the world. The high-quality educational infrastructure facilities of the medical universities, the updated curriculum and ambience of the colleges of Philippines make it a preferred location for MBBS education for international students. Top- rated Medical Universities of Philippines:
· AMA School of Medicine, Metro Manila, Makati Campus
· University of Perpetual Help
· Angeles University Foundation
· Our Lady of Fatima University
· University of the Philippines, College of Medicine
· Faculty of Medicine & Surgery Center- University of Santo Tomas
· Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Centre – University of the East
· Saint Louie University – College of Medicine
Procedure for Admission in MBBS in Philippines
Step 1: Appear for the National Medical Admission Test (NMAT), the national level admission test is required to be qualified to get admitted to MBBS in Philippines.
Step 2 : If you’ve cleared NMAT, you have to apply online by filling the online application form.
Step 3: Once the medical institution approves your application form, it will send you the letter of acceptance.
Step 4: You have to deposit the required tuition fees.
Step 5: Apply for the student visa
Step 6: Joining the MBBS program
Fees Structure of MBBS in Philippines (2019-2020)
Philippines is the home to many high-class universities who charge between 20-25 lacs (Indian INR) for total 6 years of MBBS, MD courses. Living cost in the country will be between US $150-200 per month.
Advantages of studying MBBS in Philippines
· Top MBBS Universities in Philippines have been approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and they’re listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools.
· The medium of teaching is English in all the Medical Universities of Philippines. Philippines is the fourth populous English speaking country in world.
· Cost-effective education, accommodation & budget-friendly living cost.
· Philippines system of education is designed around the American Style of Curriculum. The eligible students have to clear all three steps of USMLE to practice in the USA.
· The students who have graduated from MBBS, MD courses from Philippines are known to have 100% success rate, in the region under USMLE.
Top medical colleges in Philippines
· Cebu Institute of Medicine
· University of the Philippines College of Medicine
· Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila-College of Medicine
· Mindanao State University College of Medicine
· West Visayas State University College of Medicine
· Saint Luke’s College of Medicine
· Lyceum Northwestern University
· Cebu Doctors University College of Medicine
· UERMMMC College of Medicine and Cagayan State University College of Medicine
· Davao Medical School Foundation, Inc. College of Medicine
· University of St. La Salle College of Medicine
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Philippines
To get admitted to MBBS Education in Philippines is very simple and easy. Though the eligibility criteria for Indian students stay more or less same, but the minimum aggregate marks that is required for application varies with few universities. The following
· The applicant must have secured minimum 50 % in aggregate in the major subjects as Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 10+2.
· The applicants should abide by the laws (in the international quota)
· He or she should be of the age between 17-26 years.
· The applicants must be NEET-UG Qualified.
· Students will have to produce all the certificates such as mark sheets, school leaving certificate, etc. to authenticate their qualification while applying for admission
The Indian students who aspire to Study MBBS in Philippines have to remember that the students across the globe apply to these colleges and universities, the seats are limited and the admission to these seats are done on the basis of first-cum first serve basis.