- Established: 2004
- Campus Area: 1,29,000 Sq. Ft.
- Courses Offered: MBBS
- Duration: 5 years + 1 year Internship. Total 6 years
- Canteens: Available
- Seats available: 56
- Medium of Instruction: English
- Affiliation: University of Dhaka and recognized by Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council
- Academic Session: Jan – Dec
- Climate: Winter-Max:15°C Min:10°C | Summer-Max:36°C Min:27°C
About IBN SINA Medical College
IBN Sina Medical College (ISMC) is a private medical school in Bangladesh, established in 2005. It is located in the Kallyanpur area of Mirpur Model Thana, in Dhaka. IBN Sina Medical College is affiliated with the University of Dhaka and recognized by Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council, the competent Authority of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
The college’s 14-story building also houses a teaching hospital with 250 beds. Construction is underway on a second, 16-story hospital on campus that will add 500 beds.
The college offers a five-year course of study, approved by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC), leading to a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree from Dhaka University.
The academic activities of IBN Sina Medical College commenced through admission of 50 students in 2004-05 academic session. Through the years up to 2018, 14 batches of total 810 students have undertaken the course. Through the years up to 2018, 14 batches of total 810 students have undertaken the course.
IBN Sina Medical College has highly qualified doctors with ethics, having most advanced knowledge in the field of medicine and capable of administering biological science through the use of modern technology.
New Hospital Building
A new hospital building is just started with 350 bed capacity adjacent to the academic building. It is a 14 storied building with modern amenities and facilities for all sorts of patient and giving more opportunity of learning.
Tallest Academic Building
The existing ISMC academic building is 14 storied structure having 1,29,000sft. area. Each floor comprising 9,214 sft, accommodating academic facilities separately. In general, each department has one floor containing galleries, tutorial rooms, laboratories, museums and teachers room. In addition, there are canteen, common room, information center, guardians waiting room and prayers facilities. The 7th floor is the heart of this building comprising Principal’s office, conference room, teachers lounge, administrative wings and the library.
We have a airconditioned 1750 sqf library in the 7th floor of the academic building. It has got 4391 volumes of Reference books, Text books, Periodicals, Printed and Electronic version of National and International Journals. There are separate reading area for the students as well as teachers. It is also equipped with Internet access. We have an Index Journal ”Bangladesh Journal of Medical Science” which is indexed in several organization like Scopus Elsevier, Thomson Reuters, British Library, Hinari/WHO, Index Copernicus, Cross Ref. etc. Very soon this library will be shifted in a single floor of 8900 sqf area where seperate area for Male & Female students and Teachers will be provided.
Admissions & Eligibility
- Program: International MBBS Program Issued by Dhaka, English Medium.
- Medium: The medium of instruction is English.
- Duration: 5 years Studies and 1 year Internship. Internship may be done either in the university or in the home country.
- Minimum aggregate GPA in SSC or equivalent and HSC or equivalent : 7.00
- Minimum GPA in biology: 3.5
- MCI Eligibility: Eligibility Certificate to pursue Primary Medical Qualification (MBBS or its equivalent) by an Indian Citizen/Overseas Citizen of India is mandatory in terms of section 13(4B) of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956. Click Here to Download application form.
- OMAT: The Overseas Medical Admission Test is aimed at providing a uniform testing and marking system which will enable the universities to make the most informed choice about the quality of the students they would like to enrol.
Interested in applying for this University?
The admission procedure starts in the month of March for that years intake.
- Transcript of marks for Higher Secondary level exams.
- Police Clearance Certificate.