- Established: 2011
- Campus Area: 1,70,000 sq.ft
- No. students: 444
- Foreign students : 87
- Courses Offered: MBBS
- Duration: 5 years + 1 year Internship. Total 6 years
- Seats available as per BMDC: 30
- Minimum aggregate GPA in SSC or equivalent and HSC or equivalent : 7.00
- Minimum GPA in biology: 3.5
- Medium of Instruction: English
- Canteens: Available
- Foreign Teachers on campus: No
- Dormitories: Twin sharing
- Academic Session: Jan – Dec
- Climate: Winter-Max:15°C Min:10°C | Summer-Max:36°C Min:27°C
About Barind Medical College
Barind Medical College is one od the popular medical college in Bangladesh. Established in 2011, barind Medical College is Located at Rajshahi, the educational city of Bangladesh 252 km north-west of Dhaka, the capital of Bangladesh.
Total Campus of the Medical College is 3 acres (approx.) with Academic & Hospital floor space 1,70,000 sq.ft.
Barind Medical College offers MBBS course to medical aspirant students of Bangladesh and for the students of other countries who are looking for studying medical in foreign countries.
Total course duration of MBBS in Barind Medical College is 5years with one year of compulsory internship. The college is Approved by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of the Peoples Republic of Bangladesh,Affiliated by Rajshahi University, Accredited by Bangladesh Modical & Dental Council (BM&DC).
Barind Medical College is enlisted in World Directory of Medical School, World Federation for Medical Education (WPME) & Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER), formerly by World Health Organization.
BARIND MEDICAL COLLEGE strives to be the centre of academic excellence, providing medical education and training of the highest standard at graduation level and be a leader in care, research and innovation in the field of medical sciences and technology in Bangladesh and abroad.
Total number of students in Barind Medical College is 444 including 87 foreign students.
Tuition Fees of MBBS course both Bangladeshi as well as foreign students are lower than any other Medical colleges in the country and abroad.
Near about 50% of the students in Barind Medical College are foreigners from different parts of India, like West Bengal, Asam, Kasmir, Rajsthan, Dhilhi, and Nepal. Admission in Barind Medical College facilitates opportunity to expose the students in multiple cultural environment which enriches their knowledge and experience. The college has excellent hostel facilities for females and foreign students. BMC hostels offer clean, safe and furnished accommodation for Its students. The hostels are located adjacent to the college campus within walking distance supervised by a hostel superintendent.
Why choose Barind Medical College (BMC) ?
- Beautiful Campus: The campus of Barind Medical College & Hospital is extended over an area of 3 acres (approx.) of land situated in the beautiful, calm and quiet, and well communicated location of Rajshahi city. Three multi-storied building, two for academic and one for hospital have already constructed with 1,70,000 square feet of floor space with all educational facilities.
- High Quality Education: Faculty is enriched with highly qualified, experienced and dedicated teachers with academic, clinical and research expertise.
- Exposure to Patients: Students are exposing to patients in indoor, outdoor and emergency department as a part of their regular clinical teaching and learning process. This allows students an opportunity to practice communication, interviewing and data gathering skills, as well as physical examination and patient assessment techniques in rural and urban population.
- Affordable Tuition-Fees: Tuition Fees of MBBS course both Bangladeshi as well as foreign students are lower than any other Medical colleges in the country and abroad.
- Mentoring: Every students from the first year are assigned to a particular teacher for mentoring. The mentor monitors the selected student up to final year and help him/her to overcome the academic, or others problems even some extent of personal also.
- Multicultural Environment: Near about 50% of the students in BMC are foreigners from different parts of India, like West Bengal, Asam, Kasmir, Rajsthan, Dhilhi, and Nepal. So Admission in BMC facilitates opportunity to expose the students in multiple cultural environment which enriches their knowledge and experience.
- Administrative Structure: Efficient administration of BMC is capable of solving problems quickly and effectively. The Board of Directors, Governing Body, Academic Council, Disciplinary Committee and Departmental Heads take care of administrative and academic affairs. The top administrative team of BMC consists of some exceptionally talented personalities with national and international recognition.
- Excellent Accommodation: BMC has excellent hostel facilities for females and foreign students. BMC hostels offer clean, safe and furnished accommodation for Its students. The hostels are located adjacent to the college campus within walking distance. supervised by a hostel superintendent.
- Provision of Foreign Student Co-ordinator: BMC has a separate office and foreign student coordinator to provide essential services as adequately to the future and present foreign students. Major services are: make available sufficient information regarding admission process; to provide pre-arrival information; reception of every new student by BMC official representative at the first entry point (Airport/land immigration check post) in Bangladesh and provide all sorts of supports to settle in BMC campus specially regarding accommodation, orientation and Immigration formalities. Foreign student’s office always ready to provide all sorts of services needed by the foreign students as and when required.
Admissions & Eligibility
- Program: International MBBS Program Issued by Dhaka, English Medium.
- Medium: The medium of instruction is English.
- Duration: 5 years Studies and 1 year Internship. Internship may be done either in the university or in the home country.
- Eligibility: Minimum qualification to apply is GPA 7 out of 10 (at least 3 in SSC or ‘O’ level equivalent and 4 in HSC or ‘A’ Level equivalent); must have Biology with minimum GPA 3.5 at all levels.
Interested in applying for this University?
You will need to prepare the following documents for your application:
- Transcript of marks for Higher Secondary level exams.
- Police Clearance Certificate.